Post Processing?

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
sgibbers17

Post Processing?

Post by sgibbers17 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I am having problems with one particular channel that at times there is glitches in the video witch make make it unwatchable at times. It seems to be only on one channel so I suspect that the broadcast gets screwed up at times or my antenna is not pointed directly at it. Well more most recordings from this channel XBMC will just play through it and change the total time shown on the OSD (so instead of 37min it shows up as something like ~17 or ~23 hours) but still shows the correct time the video is currently at (like ). On a select few shows XBMC will just stop playing all together and kick me out of the playback. I have tried playing these on VLC but will play but is continuously buffering every few seconds. I think I am going to go on the roof today when I get off of work and turn the antenna a few degrees and see if it gets any better.

Is there a post process that I can run to weed these shows out and make sure that they are not in the recording history so it will record again?

Christoph21x

Re: Post Processing?

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi sgibbers

xbmc detects wrong durations on HD channels - dependent also from the numbers and types of audio channels. So this has probably nothing to do with your glitches. Let's focus on those - can you give us more information on those, as they may indeed be dependent on Argus (but - to be honest - I doubt; in my case there were signal problems or Interface/CPU overload the most common problems).

To give some numbers: 6 cards on 2 servers, all with CAM/CI card, average max load 1.2-1.4 recordings per card (2nd server only activated if needed, I'm kinda "squeezing"), plus 7 clients watching at "high times"... overload may occur on many "interfaces"... if it helps you, I might investigate. I have it quite seldom and if so - I don't really care; usually only over some minutes (I think, while additional post processing on maybe several ended recordings run - comskip)

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sgibbers17

Re: Post Processing?

Post by sgibbers17 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Mine turns out to be signal problems. I recently added another tuner and had to get a bigger splitter so my strength dropped. The channel that I was having problems with was the CW so I pointed the antenna more toward that town and had less issues but almost completely lost CBS. My zip is 52806 and if you look at the fcc maps I have 3 towers to my south and east (I don't care about the west tower it is duplicates) I tried splitting the difference between the 3 towers but after the additional equipment I lost just enough signal strength to become a problem. I am looking into getting a multi directional antenna to fix the problem. The antenna I am looking at is an Antenna Direct db8e with a vhf retrofit kit.