NOTE 1: If you intend to use the built-in ARGUS TV Recorder, and MediaPortal TV Server is installed on the same machine, make sure you stop and disable the TVService windows service so your cards are actually free to be used by ARGUS. Or uninstall MediaPortal TV Server.
NOTE 2: If you intend to use MediaPortal TV server as client or recorder it is recommended to use the final 1.6.0 release!
NOTE 3: If you would like to use MediaPortal TV 1.7 Pre Release as a client you can find BETA binaries here: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4847
!! Please read the installation manual as it contains IMPORTANT information you need to read before you start installing !!
This release of ARGUS TV contains a number of fixes and performance improvements since version 2.1.
- The Scheduler is significantly faster when dealing with multiple complex schedules.
- EPG parsing in the Recorder has been optimized to use a lot less CPU.
- The Recorder has much better TBS card support.
- All consoles now support high-DPI displays (aka Retina).
- Revamped REST api that is more RESTful.
- Ready for XBMC Gotham and supports MediaPortal 1.6 out of the box.
- Scheduler Console: fixed "Now" position for high DPI screens.
- Streaming Server: fixed RTSP time-line issues.
- Recorder: rolled back the old TBS card code for the time being.
- TBS: CAM, DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- Digital Everywhere (FireDTV): CAM, DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- Digital Devices: CAM, DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- TechnoTrend: CAM, DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- TeVii: DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- Twinhan: DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- KNC: DiSEqC and DVB-S2 tuning
- Hauppage: DiSEqC, ATSC and DVB-S2 tuning
- HDHomeRun: ATSC tuning
- Certain generic cards: DiSEqC and ATSC tuning