Webgrab+ - problems understanding set up.

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
elsmandino

Webgrab+ - problems understanding set up.

Post by elsmandino » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:04 am

Hi there,

I am trying to get the best possible UK listings for all my channels on my Argus TV Server, which has DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuner cards (Freeview and Freesat).

I do not like the OTA EPG provided as I like full details including episode and season numbers. I am therefore forgetting any DVB Grabbing and going just with taking my EPG from the web.

Everyone is talking about how great Webgrab+ is but despite reading everything I can about it, I just don't seem to understand how to get it to work.

I have installed the program and the patch and replaced the WebGrab++.config.xml file with the simplified version as recommended here:

http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/co ... tion/howto

I have also downloaded the dummy .ini file and added this to the Webgrab folder.

I have run the program and it confirms that the grabbing is working correctly.

This is as far as I have got. I am not really sure what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated.

andrewNZ

Re: Webgrab+ - problems understanding set up.

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 am

So if we assume for a minute it is set up and actually pulling data, two more things need to happen.

1) The resulting file needs to be saved to the ARGUS TV XMLTV folder. ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV for Windows Vista and above
2) You will need to create a Scheduled task to grab the data on a regular basis.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:29 am

Looking at the WebGrab+Plus documentation, it appears you need to alter the WebGrab++.config.xml file.
See here http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/co ... tion/howto

In the "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\" there should now be a file called "guide.xml". If you move that file to "C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV\", ARGUS TV should import the data from it.
See here for a bit more info http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... XMLTV_file

To permanently create that file in the ARGUS TV XMLTV folder, open the file WebGrab++.config.xml in notepad and change the"filename" line to

Code: Select all

<filename>C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV\guide.xml</filename>
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks very much for that - got it all working eventually.

For some reason, if you view the Webgrabplus website with Chrome rather than Explorer, there are bits missing from the website and the instructions do not make sense otherwise.

I have now, however, run into another problem.

I am using the Radiotimes XMLTV site for grabbing my EPG but have noticed that although the episode and season information are grabbed and appear in the XML guide, they do not appear in the Mediaportal Guide.

Is there any way I can get this to appear again? I had it before - the only difference now is that I am using Mediaportal 1.5 instead of 1.4 and also using Webgrab Plus rather than this - http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/. What I cannot understand is that although the grabber is different, the source is the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.