xmltv file rejected

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
kricker

xmltv file rejected

Post by kricker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:14 am

Recently my xmltv guide data started getting rejected with the following error:

2015-08-23 23:09:27.6919 [Error][XMLTV Import]: System.Xml.XmlException: '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 172, position 185.

The line it is referring to is:

Code: Select all

<icon src="http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=cOC861nTwwD6fdaNNqSphYhIoPdt3SpAXZveWYNx1oxW4_oKbHGEZEK60Z3NvL76TtyTKoK22B.49Iw.oBJNudbeawwruyIEyc0q3Q3REPSNfiqNC7snXBvph85ISmom&w=267&h=150" />
Can anyone elaborate on why the importer is having issues with this? The "=" at position 185 is part of the URL.

Smoofus

Re: xmltv file rejected

Post by Smoofus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Same problem here. It started on 8/10 for me. I'm using mc2xml and it looks like Microsoft started adding an image size or something to the end of the url that throws the parser off. I eventually had to delete the "&w=267&h=150" part of the url in the export to get it to import. I'm wondering if this is maybe something the mc2xml dev can help with?

Smoofus

Post by Smoofus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm not sure what order this will show up in since my first post is still not showing but I reached out to the mc2xml dev and he was already aware of the problem. Here is his response:

"Yes, I am sorry about that. MS suddenly started adding ampersands
to make their program icons smaller, and that is the one field that
wasn't encoding ampersands. Some PVR software has trouble
importing the xmltv.xml file with those characters. (I wrote a note
about this on the homepage)"

Here is the note from the homepage:
http://mc2xml.awardspace.info/

"2015-08-11: MS has added ampersands to the program images. Send an email if your PVR software has any problems importing the xmltv file (due to the icon tag with unencoded &) and I will reply with an update that encodes/fixes it (a quick fix if your PVR doesn't use images: sed "/<icon/d" xmltv.xml > xmltv.out )"

I'm an mc2xml supporter and was provided an updated exe that properly encodes the &. Super quick response and resolution from the dev. If you use mc2xml its totally worth supporting.

kricker

Post by kricker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:03 pm

I should have posted back, but immediately after starting this thread I reached out to the mc2xml dev as well. He gave me the same reply and had me a new exe within minutes. Very good dev and I was happy to support him.