Argus-TV Guide Enhancer

sgibbers17

Re: Argus-TV Guide Enhancer

Post by sgibbers17 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Christoph21x wrote:Could be that the TheTVDB API has changed and that this is the root cause for fatal errors (null reference) when this result (which doesn't actually exist) is trying to be injected into your enrichment.

Can maybe somebody with a WORKING enrichment drop a log and telling us, which Argus version, Guide Enricher version, etc. .. is used?
Here is some more info on what I am running.

Argus TV 2.2.2
MySQL 5.6.19
GuideEnricher 2.1.2
Windows 8.1 Pro

Please let me know if there is any other info that I can share.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi sgibbers

I investigated a bit...
Two bad news on this:
1. Even the 2.2.1 (of which no public source code is existing) isn't compatible anymore with the current Argus 2.2.2 setting. Not because of Argus, but because of an API change of TheTVDB
2. In addition: GuideEnricher in any existing version won't be compatible with upcoming Argus 2.3. The betas are very close to be released and this means protocol changes plus TheTVDB API changes

For the time being, don't count on this

The creator of 2.2.1 should nevertheless make his changes public - this will make a potential migration easier.

Sorry to just have those bad news - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:39 pm

sgibbers17 wrote:
Christoph21x wrote:Zip it and upload with the attachment function of posts (a kinda Tab below the text editor)
Or, if short, copy them into the code brackets offered above
Ah that was my problem before I didn't zip it. I tried just the .log file and .txt but those were not allowd
I can see quite a few successful matches in the log there.
For example:
2014-06-28 16:27:28 [9] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - Starting lookup for The Big Bang Theory - The Jiminy Conjecture
2014-06-28 16:27:28 [9] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [Original Air Date] Correctly matched The Big Bang Theory - The Jiminy Conjecture as S03E02
But there is an error with the series "Noodle and Doodle"
2014-06-28 16:27:30 [9] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - TVDB Error getting series
TvdbLib.Exceptions.TvdbInvalidApiKeyException: Couldn't connect to Thetvdb.com to retrieve 267587, you may use an invalid api key or the series doesn't exists
I think this is bringing the whole process down.
Maybe you can set that one in the GuideEnricher config to ignore, and see how it goes for the rest of the shows then.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi All

There's a supporter's thread for WebGrab+Plus-related questions and optimizations - if you followed the discussion of sgibbers and me.
I also moved the WG++-related thread of sgibbers and me to there...

To enhance the guide via grabber: viewtopic.php?p=25258#p25258
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:26 pm

dot-i wrote: I have created a Nuget package for the .NET proxy DLLs which are very similar in usage to the 2.2 api DLLs:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/ArgusTV.SchedulerProxy/

So you don't even need to realize there's a REST api underneath, it's all handled by the proxy. You should be able to use this package in your project and can easily (and normally with only minimal changes) add support for version 2.3 that way.
I just added the nuget proxy package to the GuideEnricher project, and at first glance, this should be pretty straight forward to make the changes.

For listening to events like when new Guide data has come in, I guess I have to use
ArgusTV.ServiceProxy.Proxies.CoreService.SubscribeServiceEvents

dot-i, maybe you have an short example for usage of this as well?

Edit: Ah, I guess the code for the ArgusTV.UI.Notifier is a good example for this:
https://github.com/ARGUS-TV/ARGUS-TV/bl ... tusForm.cs

ChrisRichner

Post by ChrisRichner » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 pm

I'm happy to announce that an Argus-TV Version 2.3 RC compatible test version was made available today

https://github.com/ChrisRichner/Argus-T ... r/releases

Go grab your copy and let us know if you're facing any issues

Special thanks goes to Malyngo and Christopher21x for their involvement!

enjoy
Last edited by ChrisRichner on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wernerk

Post by wernerk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:43 pm

do you have to build the project? or is the exe available for download somewhere too?

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:38 am

wernerk wrote:do you have to build the project? or is the exe available for download somewhere too?
Here you go:
- build_2014-09-03_21-30 (no official build numbering yet)

Greetz - Chris

EDIT: removed attachment - a newer built version can be found within Github repository

karl10247

Post by karl10247 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi all,

Im having problems getting guide enahncer to work on my hub.
My build is:
Mediaportal 1.9pre for live TV
Argus 2.3RC for recording
XMLTV data from mc2xml for US OTA listings (Houston, TX)
Guide enhancer 2.3RC (from the last posts)

Guide enhancer install went smoothly and guide enricher service is running automatically.

There are two main problems:
1) No logs. I cant for the life of me find any logs in event viewer, applications.... I'm looking for anything named remotely like guide enricher/enhancer as advised in the install instructions but nothing is there so i dont know if its working. See screenshot 1
2) There does not seem to be an improvement to my guide data in the scheduler console. Is guide enahncer supposed to update the whole EPG or only shows for which you have made a scheduled recording? Either way the EPG series/episode data has not been modified. See screenshot 2 before schedule recording, screenshot 3 after schedule recording

Any help would be much appreciated
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (220.77 KiB) Viewed 14510 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (220.7 KiB) Viewed 14510 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 14510 times

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:49 pm

karl10247 wrote: 2) There does not seem to be an improvement to my guide data in the scheduler console. Is guide enahncer supposed to update the whole EPG or only shows for which you have made a scheduled recording? Either way the EPG series/episode data has not been modified. See screenshot 2 before schedule recording, screenshot 3 after schedule recording

Any help would be much appreciated
It will only enhance scheduled recordings.

The logs are either in C:\ProgramData\GuideEnricher\ or in C:\Program Files\GuideEnricher, not quite sure which one and I can't check right now.