Argus-TV Guide Enhancer

denis.french

Re: Argus-TV Guide Enhancer

Post by denis.french » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:57 am

Hi; I've been using ftr-guide-enhancer and now ARGUS-TV-GuideEnhancer for a couple of years now.

In the last few weeks [Episode Title] matching consistently fails, despite good subtitle data in the xmltv file that is showing in the Scheduler Console EPG, and a clear match available at The TVDB.

At the time the problem started I had been running ARGUS TV 2.3 RC2 and Guide Enhancer 2.3.0 for a while without problems. I have updated both to the latest versions (2.3 and 2.3.1 respectively), but this has not helped.

The logs tell me the connection to ARGUS TV and series matching is working fine, but all attempts at episode matching fail.

Code: Select all

2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - SD-TvDb: Search for Agatha Christie's Marple return 2 results
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - SD-TvDb: series: Agatha Christie's Marple id: 78895
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Beginning enrichment of episodes for series Agatha Christie's Marple
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - Starting lookup for Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [Three or Four Digit Season Episode] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [Episode Title] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [No Punctuation] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [Remove common words] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [Season and Episode in Description] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
2015-02-08 11:15:08 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - The first run for the series Agatha Christie's Marple had unmatched episodes.  Checking for online updates.
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - SD-TvDb: Search for Heartbeat return 5 results
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - SD-TvDb: series: Heartbeat id: 74684
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - No entries were enriched
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Original Air Date matched 0 out of 0 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Three or Four Digit Season Episode matched 0 out of 3 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Episode Title matched 0 out of 3 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method No Punctuation matched 0 out of 3 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Remove common words matched 0 out of 3 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Inside Single Quotes in Description matched 0 out of 0 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method First Sentence in Description matched 0 out of 1 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Description Starts With Episode Title matched 0 out of 3 attempts
2015-02-08 11:15:12 [45] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Match method Season and Episode in Description matched 0 out of 0 attempts
That's just the tail end of the log. Other examples (including those with only one series match) fail in the same manner.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks all for your efforts, the combination of ARGUS TV, WebGrabPlus and Guide Enhancer normally works great :-)

ChrisRichner

Post by ChrisRichner » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi Denis

I've added a unit test that covers exactly your scenario. The Remove common words match method did the job. Do you have the Remove common words match method enabled in your configuration?

Test Name:	TestAgathaChristiesMarple
Test Outcome:	Passed
Result StandardOutput:	415 [TestRunnerThread] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess (null) - SD-TvDb: Direct mapping: series: Agatha Christie's Marple id: 78895
465 [TestRunnerThread] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess (null) - Starting lookup for Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
467 [TestRunnerThread] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase (null) - [Three or Four Digit Season Episode] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
468 [TestRunnerThread] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase (null) - [Episode Title] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
469 [TestRunnerThread] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase (null) - [No Punctuation] Could not match Agatha Christie's Marple - Murder at the Vicarage
473 [TestRunnerThread] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase (null) - [Remove common words] Correctly matched Agatha Christie's Marple - The Murder at the Vicarage as S01E02
FYI -> Set dumpepisodes to 'true' to see all episodes for a series dumped in the log file. Maybe this helps to find the issue.

You're welcome, I'm also in the same boat using the combination of ARGUS TV, WebGrabPlus and Guide Enhancer.

denis.french

Post by denis.french » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:21 pm

The dumpepisodes thing made it pretty clear that Guide Enhancer was sucking down the wrong language data from TVDB.

In my GuideEnricherService.exe.config I find this:

<!-- uncomment the following line and set it to your language if you want to use another language than en (de for German, fr for French, ...) -->
    <add key="TvDbLanguage" value="de"/>
I promise I never touched it, it was like that when I found it!

So I've commented that out, and the Guide Enhancer magic is back in action!

Thanks for helping track that one down :-)

ChrisRichner

Post by ChrisRichner » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:41 am

You're welcome, glad that we were able to nial down the issue that fast. :D

I recommend to configure the language as desired instead of commenting out the whole thing.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi Chris

One question concerning seriesMap:
Looking at your given example

<seriesMap schedulesDirectName="regex=Boston Leg.*" tvdbComName="Boston Legal" />
I'm not able to get a suitable mapping for titles like:
- "Arne Dahl: Rosenrot" (Series Name = "Arne Dahl") or
- "Tatort: blahblah" or "Tatort - xyz" (Series Name = "Tatort")

Could you pls. give me a Regex that could work? Can't get it done. schedulesDirectName="regex=Tatort.*" seems not to work. Or it works but has no episode name. Can I somehow SPLIT the recordings name in series / episode names?

What does the "dot" in your Regex stands for? Is it a real "dot" in the title or just a placeholder for sth.?

Thanks in advance & kind greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:02 pm

The dot in a Regex always stands for "any character".

So Ta.ort would match "Tatort", but also "Tagort".
The asterisk is for "zero to many ocurrences". So "Tatort.* will match anything that starts with "Tatort" and also exactly "Tatort", so the regex you have should work.
But it will not match anything on the TVdb, because there, every different Tatort Komissar has their own series, For example, "Tatort Palu" or "Tatort Borowski & Jung".
http://thetvdb.com/?string=tatort&searc ... ion=Search

There is an entry in the tvdb that includes all of them, but it doesn't show up in the search, so maybe you can try to add use tvdbComId="83214" instead of the tvdbComName.
This should then match the series.

But if I understand your post correctly, the episode name is part of the "series title", like "Tatort - Das Haus am Ende der Straße"
There is no match method for that, and this would be really hard to implement, as in the Tvdb, this Episode then is called "Steier - 07 - Das Haus am Ende der Straße".
So this is a pretty special case.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks, Malyngo, for your good explanation.
Didn´t know the dto stands for any char., but thought so ;)

Thanks also for the special hint concerning the Tatort series.

And last but not least... :( that´s what I already felt concerning a split.

Thanks a lot, Malyngo & greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

ChrisRichner

Argus-TV Guide Enhancer v2.3.2 available now!

Post by ChrisRichner » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Changelog
  • Soft refactoring
  • Update README.md
  • Unit Test TestAgathaChristiesMarple added
  • Old unit tests reactivated
  • Added remark to README.md to avoid ( #10 Service won't start when seriesMap uses umlauts)
Download -> https://github.com/ChrisRichner/ARGUS-T ... tag/v2.3.2

Don't hesitate to contact me in case of issues or questions

Enjoy

dihoff

Post by dihoff » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:47 am

Malyngo wrote:...
But if I understand your post correctly, the episode name is part of the "series title", like "Tatort - Das Haus am Ende der Straße"
There is no match method for that, and this would be really hard to implement, as in the Tvdb, this Episode then is called "Steier - 07 - Das Haus am Ende der Straße".
So this is a pretty special case.
I think I have the same happening for NCIS:

2015-04-15 07:38:26 [12] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - SD-TvDb: Direct mapping: series: NCIS id: 72108
2015-04-15 07:38:26 [12] DEBUG GuideEnricher.Enricher - Beginning enrichment of episodes for series NCIS
2015-04-15 07:38:26 [12] DEBUG GuideEnricher.tvdb.TvdbLibAccess - Starting lookup for NCIS - Namesake
2015-04-15 07:38:26 [12] DEBUG GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.MatchMethodBase - [Three or Four Digit Season Episode] Correctly matched NCIS - as S00E00

Unless this is something else, and there might a way to get a match?

Thanks,

dh.

ChrisRichner

Post by ChrisRichner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 am

Hi there

According to imdb.com this is Season 10, Episode 5 doubed "The Namesake". IMHO this should be the perfect match candidate for the EpisodeTitle Match method.

Please make sure EpisodeTitleMatchMethod is enabled and the first in order

Default configuration

<MatchMethodsSection>
    <MatchMethods>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.EpisodeTitleMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.NoPunctuationMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.RemoveCommonWordsMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.InQuotesInDescriptionMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.FirstSentenceInDescriptionMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.DescriptionStartsWithEpisodeTitleMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.SeasonAndEpisodeInDescriptionMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.NumericSeasonEpisodeMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.AirDateMatchMethod"/>
      <add name="GuideEnricher.EpisodeMatchMethods.AbsoluteEpisodeNumberMatchMethod" />
    </MatchMethods>