Batch Processor

sunsetdk

Batch Processor

Post by sunsetdk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 pm

This is a tools to perform various tasks on the ArgusTV database.
Credits to Steph http://www.codecompetence.com/

Here is a list of commands, description of the parameters and an example.

Command: MyVideo
This command creates a XML file which is compatable with MediaPortal My videos so the description of the recording will show up in mediaportal.

Arguments:

The ArgusTV file to process, this must be passed in UNC format.

Example: ArgusYV.Batch.ProcessCommand.exe MyVideo\\htpc\recordings\Tom and Jerry 20010-02-24 1200.ts

This will create a file called Tom and Jerry 20010-02-24 1200.xml in the same folder as the recording with the info of the recording in MP XML format.

Command: Log
This command writes all the parameters to the ArgusTV log. this can be used in the batch files to log that everything goes smooth in big batch files.

Arguments:

All arguments are writen to the ArgusTV log.

Example: ArgusTV.Batch.ProcessCommand.exe log "This is a test"

Will make one entry in the ArgusTV log with the text This is a test

Command: IsPartial
This command can check if a recording is a partial recording. This will set ERRORLEVEL to 0 if the recording is full and to -1 if the recording is a partial.

Arguments:

Example: ArgusTV.Batch.ProcessCommand.exe IsPartial "\\htpc\recordings\Tom and Jerry 20010-02-24 1200.ts" ERRORLEVEL will be set to 0 as this recording is full (recorded from scheduled start to scheduled end).

Command: Rename
Renames the reference to a recording in the ArgusTV database. The actual file will not be renamed.

Arguments:

The new file name which the file reference should be changed to.

Example: ArgusTV.Batch.ProcessCommand.exe rename "\\htpc\recordings\Tom and Jerry 20010-02-24 1200.ts" "\\htpc\recordings\Tom and Jerry.mpg"

This will change the file reference in ArgusTV.

Command: Delete
Deletes the reference to a recording in the ArgusTV database. It can also delete the file.

Arguments:

Delete the actual file: If you pass 1 then the referece and the file is delete, if you pass 0 the only the reference is removed.

Example: ArgusTV.Batch.ProcessCommand.exe delete "\\htpc\recordings\Tom and Jerry 20010-02-24 1200.ts" 0

This will delete the reference to the recording, but not the actual recording.

Command: Description

Creates a file with infomation from the ArgusTV database. The extension of the file must be passed as an argument so must what you want in the file.

Arguments:

Extension: The extension of the new file. The name of the file is the same as the recording. The file will also be created in the same folder as the recording.
What to write in the file: You write the whole string you want in the file here. Certain tags are replaced in the program. At the moment only 6 tags exist. {StartTime}{StopTime}{Description}{title}{EpisodeNumber}{SeriesNumber}

Example: ArgusTV.Batch.ProcessCommand.exe description "\\htpc\recordings\Tom and Jerry 20010-02-24 1200.ts" txt {starttime};{stoptime};{description}

This will create a file with the extension txt with the start time, stop time and the description of the show seperated with a semicolon(;)

Code: Select all

Releases:
2.0.0.0: First release for ArugsTV
2.0.1.0: Release with FTR references removed, Tags in XML changed to tags and compiled agains Argus TV 2.1
Attachments
ArgusTV.Batch.ProcessCommand.zip
(67.84 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Last edited by sunsetdk on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PaulAEvans

Re: Batch Processor

Post by PaulAEvans » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks for prompt reply, I had already posted on the new ArgusTV forum but saw no reply. Now I see that you had already done this...

I will try tomorrow if I get time or Monday latest (the system is live!)

Thanks once again for a very useful tool.
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

luetty

Post by luetty » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 am

thanks, sunsetdk for the new release.

It works perfect, except a little, little "design error" :)
The log tells, that the recording is deleted from 4TR. Maybe you can keep a eye on it for next release.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (7.82 KiB) Viewed 10484 times
THANKS!

Dragy

Post by Dragy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:26 pm

I had problem with imporint recordings into the TV Server, with the xml's created by the batch processor.
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa ... gs.114700/

Problem is that the MyVideos command creates XML with <Tags> instead of <tags>.
So this is a bug I guess?
Always using the latest BETA/RC version (when available) in combination with MediaPortal and his TV Server.

sunsetdk

Post by sunsetdk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 am

Dragy wrote:Problem is that the MyVideos command creates XML with <Tags> instead of <tags>.
So this is a bug I guess?
I will fix this.

Dragy

Post by Dragy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Cool. Maybe you can also add the other information SciDoctor is talking about: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attac ... pg.117185/
Always using the latest BETA/RC version (when available) in combination with MediaPortal and his TV Server.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Just FYI: the tool has been added to the Wiki Section "Supplementary free tools which may complement ARGUS TV" under http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... aintenance

In addition you now find a description of syntax, parameters and usage under the newly created article http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... _Processor

If anyone of you finds errors, wants to contribute and/or corrections, please let me know.

Thanks a lot for creating this... Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

luetty

Post by luetty » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:37 pm

is there any chance to get a working solution with ARGUS 2.1?

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:13 pm

+1 :x :x :cry: :cry: Really need this because of dbase issues we cant revert to earlier version
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

luetty

Post by luetty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:50 pm

no reply? :oops: