ARGUS TV to Lights-Out for Windows / Windows Server

jayrock

ARGUS TV to Lights-Out for Windows / Windows Server

Post by jayrock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 pm

ARGUS TV to Lights-Out

ARGUS TV to Lights-Out is an addin for Windows incl. Win Server. It connects ARGUS TV and Lights-Out (http://homeserversoftware.com) to ensure the computer goes to sleep or hibernation and wakes up for scheduled recordings. Usually zero configuration is required. ARGUS TV to Lights-Out supports Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2012 Essentials & Windows Home Server 2011.

Downloads
Please find (always) the most recent attached to this post - make sure you download the appropriate version for your Argus installation - otherwise it will not work.
  • Argus TV 2.0.x upto 2.2.2 and Lights Out above 1.5.x - please download attached version ATV2LO_2.1.0.5.wssx.zip
  • Argus TV 2.3 equal/above Beta 10 - please download attached version ATV2LO_3.0.0.8.wssx.zip
ARGUS TV to Lights-Out's design is based on the popular principle: ”Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.”

How to install
If you open the ZIP file, you'll find a wssx file. It's also a archive type - you can open it with many unpackers, especially with 7-zip. Extract the files and run the "Setup.msi" to get ATV2LO installed.

For interested: you may find the repository under https://github.com/jayrockk/ATV2LO-devel and contribution is appreciated.

Edit Remarks (Christoph21x):
  • This post has been edited/expanded by Christoph21x with the acceptance of jayrock
  • I'm personally thankful for jayrock's efforts, his brain & heart - and his support. Please consider to donate to him if you find ATV2LO useful: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... UJ9NCTCYP4
Attachments
ATV2LO_3.0.0.8.wssx.zip
ATV2LO for Argus TV 2.3 and upwards
(227.58 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
ATV2LO_2.1.0.5.wssx.zip
ATV2LO for Argus TV upto 2.2.2
(150.14 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by jayrock on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kay Diefenthal

Re: ARGUS TV to Lights-Out for Windows Server

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 am

thanx jayrock for updating

jayrock

Post by jayrock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:00 am

Hi,

in the past there has been discussions about a specific feature reques to remove obsolete (old) tasks not only from Lights Out but also from the Windows Task Scheduler. After quite some investigation I think I now have the information available to implement such feature. The history of the discussion is in the old 4TR forums but I cannot find it anymore.

Question to the community here is: Do you think this feature is indeed important?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
jayrock

jayrock

Post by jayrock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

jayrock wrote:Hi,

in the past there has been discussions about a specific feature reques to remove obsolete (old) tasks not only from Lights Out but also from the Windows Task Scheduler. After quite some investigation I think I now have the information available to implement such feature. The history of the discussion is in the old 4TR forums but I cannot find it anymore.

Question to the community here is: Do you think this feature is indeed important?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
jayrock
If you are brave, try out this tool to remove old items from the Windows Task Scheduler. NOTE: Very early Alpha status, I'm not responsible if anything breaks.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11034559/FTR2L ... _ALPHA.exe

Cheers,
jayrock

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Have finally made the move to WHS2011. ARGUS TV to Lights-Out seems to be working as expected.

Thanks very much for the effort jayrock.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

4thip

Post by 4thip » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:11 pm

If you are brave, try out this tool to remove old items from the Windows Task Scheduler. NOTE: Very early Alpha status, I'm not responsible if anything breaks.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11034559/FTR2L ... _ALPHA.exe
Hi jayrock,

the cleanup-tool works great. Many thanx!

Cu

jayrock

Post by jayrock » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 pm

New version 2.1.0.2 released. See first post.

xavier

Post by xavier » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 am

jayrock wrote:New version 2.1.0.2 released. See first post.
This version does not connect to Argus 2.1 beta 2.

When you can, you will need to release an update. ;)

Regards,
xavier.

jayrock

Post by jayrock » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:17 am

Can you be a little more specific? Logs?

I don't have 2.1 beta 2 dlls anyway, so you will have to wait until its release.

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 pm

The 2.1 (BETA) DLLs can already be found on Github: https://github.com/ARGUS-TV/ARGUS-TV-Cl ... Assemblies
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch