UK DVB-T (Mendip) - No LCN's.

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
gibxxi

UK DVB-T (Mendip) - No LCN's.

Post by gibxxi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 am

I had this issue on 4TR but just assumed "that's the way it was" so didn't investigate further.

In Argus it finds and scans my local channels fine, although no provider information is given, but it also fails to detect the LCN information.

Now I have read posts from the 4TR forum assuming that this is because of "non-standard" LCN encoding or somesuch problem. However, the Hauppauge WinTV software that comes bundled with the card and MediaPortal's TV Server both detect the LCN information fine without any special options having been set.

Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong? I'm using NIT scanning to ensure it finds channels that aren't broadcasting at the time of search, and am also only selecting the frequencies to scan that I know the local transmitter broadcasts on. The card itself is a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 (MOD 7700).

I even tried the updated Frequencies/tuners XML files posted on these forums, but it made no difference.

I'm not using XMLTV yet, as I'm not concerned about the accuracy of the EPG data. I am however keen to have my channels displayed in the order they are supposed to be rather than alphabetically so on the rare occasion I do watch Terrestrial TV, I don't have to scroll down pages of channels to find the primary UK ones (BBC1, ITV1, etc.).

Any help / pointers appreciated.

Infidelus

Re: UK DVB-T (Mendip) - No LCN's.

Post by Infidelus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Unfortunately, Argus TV (nor For The Record) ever had any LCN coding in them to automate channel numbering. You can however enter them manually on the channels section of the management console.

Of course, it'd be nice if it did actually make it into the software one day ;)

PD

Post by PD » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Why don't you order channels in the Argus scheduler console, then if BBC1 is fist in list pressing 1 should change to that channel, pressing 3 to ITV etc.

If you are going down the xmltv route, can whole heartedly recommend xmltvGUI, use radiotimees for scrapper, set it up in taskscheduler to run at 7am, then have 14 days of epg.
Ray
Paranoid Delusion
Team-MediaPortal

Infidelus

Post by Infidelus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm

PD wrote:Why don't you order channels in the Argus scheduler console, then if BBC1 is fist in list pressing 1 should change to that channel, pressing 3 to ITV etc.
There are gaps in channel numbers on Freeview. By the time you get to channel 9, you're already out of sync with the correct LCN as there is no channel 8 unless you're in Wales/Scotland.

schneideris

Post by schneideris » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 pm

I have a similar problem. For me the interest is in trying to match the LNC up with what XBMC is expecting. Currently I too have no LNC.

It looks like the LNC can't be edited in the Windows version of the management console or I am missing how you would do so. Can I go into the SQL Server backend and just make the updates there?

Infidelus

Post by Infidelus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 pm

schneideris wrote:It looks like the LNC can't be edited in the Windows version of the management console or I am missing how you would do so. Can I go into the SQL Server backend and just make the updates there?
You can edit the LCN in the management console. Click on 'Channels'. You can then directly enter the channel numbers in the second column.
lcn.PNG
lcn.PNG (53.04 KiB) Viewed 13603 times

bossanova808

Post by bossanova808 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 am

The basic issue here is it is confusing - you'd think this is done in the 'Recorder Console' (stupid name!) - where all the other services / channels stuff, but instead it is in the 'Scheduler Console' instead.

But it's good it is there and it seems to work well!