LiveTV with Gotham Alpha or Nightlies

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
toricred

LiveTV with Gotham Alpha or Nightlies

Post by toricred » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:22 pm

I've got Argus working perfectly up to XBMC 12.2. I would like to move on to either the Gotham Alphas or the nightlies to use UPNP. Unfortunately every time I install one of them I end up unable to tune Live TV with a buffer timeout issue. Is there a build for Windows out there that works with the test versions of XBMC? I'm only currently trying the one that comes with XBMC. Maybe I don't have XBMC configured correctly?

atreyu

Re: LiveTV with Gotham Alpha or Nightlies

Post by atreyu » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:02 pm

I have the same issue... Argus works fine with MediaPortal, but I can't play anything through XBMC, although channels, recorded programs, etc. are all properly retrieved and displayed. I either get a "tuning failed" message or a "timeout waiting for buffer."

I'm using Gotham alpha5, the "June monthly" build released on 7/1... I noticed that in alpha4 the Argus PVR client was marked "broken" -- as of alpha5 it no longer is. I get this behavior on the Win7 HTPC machine hosting my tuners, as well as on a hardline-connected Raspberry Pi running the 7/1 Raspbmc Gotham build.

Any official word from the devs re: whether Argus LiveTV is broken in alpha5, or am I more likely missing something in my configuration?

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Until now I have not done any work for Gotham on any platform.

So probably the new version has breaking API changes and the addon needs to be changed/adapted/extended.

I have no plans to start working on this until after the summer holidays.

Cheers,
Fred
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

atreyu

Post by atreyu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:35 am

Hi,

It looks like the issue is referenced here... hopefully an easy fix?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170532

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Live-TV was broken on XBMC Gotham for the Windows platform.

A fix has been sent to Team XBMC: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4549

pocketmodo

Post by pocketmodo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Hello,

I know it's been stated it was a problem on the Windows platform bug but I'm on a Mac and I think I'm experiencing the same issue with Mac OS X 10.9 (I couldn't wait any longer for 10.9's multiple monitor support/fullscreen).

Will the fix be implemented cross platform or am I experiencing a different issue? By the way Argus is amazing, loving it on my main HTPC in the lounge running XBMC 12.2. Thanks for all the hard work.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:12 pm

pocketmodo wrote:Hello,

I know it's been stated it was a problem on the Windows platform bug but I'm on a Mac and I think I'm experiencing the same issue with Mac OS X 10.9 (I couldn't wait any longer for 10.9's multiple monitor support/fullscreen).

Will the fix be implemented cross platform or am I experiencing a different issue? By the way Argus is amazing, loving it on my main HTPC in the lounge running XBMC 12.2. Thanks for all the hard work.
I've changed it into one single way of treating the share names for all platforms. So yes, this is included on OS X as well now, but I can't promise this will fix your problem.

dvgeek

Post by dvgeek » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Buffering issues solved !

Running OpenELEC 4.01 Beta (and updating with nightlies). I had a perfectly working OpenELEC 3.2.4 (Frodo version), and once I updated to the latest OpenELEC 4.01 Beta (Gotham based OpenELEC 3.95.1), I got the dreaded buffering message and no picture.

Solved by following the suggestion in this post by Red_F
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4549#p30027

Basically, all I had to do was go to the videos menu and connect to my Argus TV Server's Recorded TV folder, enter my username and password and save it.

TV & Recorded TV play beautifully !!!

Thanks Red_F