New to MediaPortal and having some issues

Use MediaPortal TV Server to tune and record analog or digital TV
daveb500

New to MediaPortal and having some issues

Post by daveb500 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi all,

I've not used MediaPortal before but want to look at using a HD-PVR to connect my Sat box and I don't think Argus can currently do this.

So, I've installed the Mediportal TV Server (1.3 Final) and that all seems to be ok.

I've then re-installed Argus (2.1) and it gives me the mediaportal option so I tick that.

Then I go into the Scheduler to add it as a recorder.
So I do that and it defaults to:

TVE net.tcp://localhost:49842/RecorderTunerService

They are both on the same PC so I assume this is correct. But I can't ping it. error is

"Failed to ping TVE: Could not connect to net.tcp://localhost:49842/RecorderTunerService. The connection attempt lasted a time span of 00:00:01. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made becasue the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:49842."

Out of interest, my Firewall is disabled so that definitely is not the issue.

Any suggestions? I'm probably being thick.........

(I've done netstat -ao and I can't see that port in use...)

andrewNZ

Re: New to MediaPortal and having some issues

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:59 pm

OK, I'm not 100% on the MediaPortal TV Server anymore, it's been a long time.

You do need to configure the MediaPortal TV Server and it's plugin also. I'd suggest getting the TV Server doing what it needs to do (tuning channels etc), then configure the plugin (all 3 tabs), then check the connection again.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

daveb500

Re: New to MediaPortal and having some issues

Post by daveb500 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Thank you. It was the Argus config in Mediaportal that sorted it. i've managed to get a standard channel coming through to Argus. Now to get the HD-PVR box......