What is Required for a Recorder Source for ArgusTv

JMS

Re: What is Required for a Recorder Source for ArgusTv

Post by JMS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Simulating an BDA Driver for Windows IS a big deal as far as I understood. BDA clients like Argus (or my DVB.NET) rely on quite a bit of BDA infrastructure especially the concept of a Direct Show graph. In fact it must be easy just to generate some TS stream and send it into the graph (DVB.NET does this in VCR.NET mode) but to react on all the BDA inside stuff converning tune request et al is a bit more - actually personally I wouldn't like to get involved with all this low Level stuff :o

But this is only one opinion and honestly I never wrote some BDA Emulation, so maybe I'm totally wrong. Perhaps it's just putting a tuner filter inside the graph and react on a couple of BDA / COM interfaces to get the core stuff running.

Jochen

Kay Diefenthal

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:12 pm

JMS wrote:Simulating an BDA Driver for Windows IS a big deal as far as I understood. BDA clients like Argus (or my DVB.NET) rely on quite a bit of BDA infrastructure especially the concept of a Direct Show graph. In fact it must be easy just to generate some TS stream and send it into the graph (DVB.NET does this in VCR.NET mode) but to react on all the BDA inside stuff converning tune request et al is a bit more - actually personally I wouldn't like to get involved with all this low Level stuff :o

But this is only one opinion and honestly I never wrote some BDA Emulation, so maybe I'm totally wrong. Perhaps it's just putting a tuner filter inside the graph and react on a couple of BDA / COM interfaces to get the core stuff running.

Jochen
hmm
correct me if im something missunderstood
my understand is set Parameters to tuner(Rtsp) and get Bytes back(ts over rtp)

i will not write an Sat>Ip backend(Channel Lists Epg graber) that will pass the data to RecorderTuner

gunleik

Post by gunleik » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am

JMS wrote:I decided to put some more work in the infrastructure to make it at least useful for a startup:
http://downloads.psimarron.net/ArgusTV/ ... eview).msi.

In addition I wrote a small introduction - in German since I think that mostly Kay will be interested in this stuff:
http://downloads.psimarron.net/ArgusTV/Backgrounder.pdf.
I've been looking at a way for Argus to record from a local file (or from a stream trough VLC) and found this recorder to be a good place to start.

@JMS Have you been working more on this?
The doc and some of the source is in German witch I and google translate does not handle perfectly ;-)

I've tried installing it and running

Code: Select all

JMS.ArgusTV.GenericService.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\JMS\Argus TV\devices\Rtp.config" /install
This does install the service, but starting it results in an error. Havent had real time to analyze it yet, but maybe you've got some tips:

Code: Select all

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'JMS.ArgusTV.RtpDevice.DeviceFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'JMS.DVB.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7fcd07b9604a99b1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at JMS.ArgusTV.RtpDevice.DeviceFactory..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at JMS.ArgusTV.RtpDevice.DeviceFactory..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at JMS.ArgusTV.RecordingServiceConfiguration.CreateService()
   at JMS.ArgusTV.RecordingServiceConfiguration.CreateServiceHost()
   at JMS.ArgusTV.GenericService.Program.Service.CreateRecordingService()
   at JMS.ArgusTV.GenericService.Program.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

JMS

Post by JMS » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:21 am

To simplyfy my work a bit of code is based on my DVB.NET package which can be found here (installation makes no special harm to the system beside one program group and one registry entry): http://downloads.psimarron.net/DVBNETCore.msi.

As far as I remember I did the RTP evaluation with a VLC stream as well. But the sample recorder is quite poor regarding format detection I think I'd to choose the correct streaming mode - out of four or so Options.

Jochen

gunleik

Post by gunleik » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 pm

• - So I have installed DVBNETCore.msi and JMSArgusTVRecorderSDKSetup%20(Preview).msi.
    - Altered Argus TV\devices\Rtp.config to reflect my directories.
    - Run JMS.ArgusTV.GenericService.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\JMS\Argus TV\devices\Rtp.config" /install
Now the service starts up and listenes the port specified in Rtp.config.
Ping and directory check from Argus replies OK :-)

How would I get the service to parse a stream or file to Argus - so it can be used as recording source? Do I need to call a DLL or could it be done out of the box with config-files or command line?

Kay Diefenthal

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:50 pm

i hink he had it used with his rtpdispatcher https://github.com/JMS-1/RTP-Stream-Ana ... or-DVB.NET

JMS

Post by JMS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm little off-topic right now. But to make a full use in Argus you have to provide channels and all the stuff: you must plan a schedule from the UI, let the Recorder reserve a card and so on. The sample can not tune: it just receives a fixed RTP stream (e.g. from VLC) and whenever activated it records this to a file.

For more details I would have to reactive my test environment which I can do on monday or tuesday - if there is a real interest in carrying the project forward.

Jochen

gunleik

Post by gunleik » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:03 pm

What I'm looking into is to have a stream from a Slingbox (www.slingbox.com) as the source of recording. "Tuning" could be done with a processing command run before recording.

Havent looked into how to set up the channels yet, but first step would be to actually get Argus to see my stream.

I will look into what I can get out of RTP-Stream-Analyser-for-DVB.NET. Any tips is appreciated.

If I get it working I will post how I set it up :-)

gunleik

Post by gunleik » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm

JMS wrote:I'm little off-topic right now. But to make a full use in Argus you have to provide channels and all the stuff: you must plan a schedule from the UI, let the Recorder reserve a card and so on. The sample can not tune: it just receives a fixed RTP stream (e.g. from VLC) and whenever activated it records this to a file.

For more details I would have to reactive my test environment which I can do on monday or tuesday - if there is a real interest in carrying the project forward.

Jochen
I haven't been able to get your software to actually parse a stream to Argus, but my solution does do the job I wanted it to do. What I have done is to start recording/channel change from command line with scripts and other software. This is set up as a pre process command. The problem is that Argus require a recorder to exist and respond. By using your software as a dummy recorder my scripts and other software do the recording job.

This way I can use Argus to schedule recordings, but other functionality like live streaming and watching recordings I can't do. Anyway the scheduling is the important thing for me.

I thought I would write a full instruction on how I set it up in case other ppl with Slingbox would like to use it. Is it ok that I refer to your software for this?