Resuming partially watched recordings starts from beginning

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
CV8R

Re: Resuming partially watched recordings starts from beginn

Post by CV8R » Mon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm

I can confirm resume is working now with V13 Beta 2 OpenElec.

However, I recall having play icons for items with resume points but now there are none. In Confluence I have the ticks for watched but no play icons for recordings that I can resume, as I do for Movies and TV Shows.

I recall the play icons being present(maybe Frodo) but cannot be sure when they went missing.

Cheers
CV8R

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon May 26, 2014 1:32 pm

CV8R wrote:However, I recall having play icons for items with resume points but now there are none.
Hi CV8R
I encountered the same thing just yesterday with 13.1b2, but only on one single recording. After reloading the direcory, it was back again...
Actually I had the icon all the time with movies I partially watched; this is probably rather a xbmc issue. Try downloading 13.1RC1, which is online since Saturday...
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

CV8R

Post by CV8R » Mon May 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi, just tried 13.1 RC and still no play icons.

How do you refresh the dir?

I will report at XBMC.

CV8R

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm

CV8R wrote:How do you refresh the dir?
CV8R
Hey Eighter...
To clarify: what exactly are you talking about? Recordings in the Videos section?
Or Recording in the Live TV section?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

CV8R

Post by CV8R » Mon May 26, 2014 11:07 pm

Hey Eighter...
Ha, never looked at it like that! The handle comes from a 5.7L V8 Coupe I used to own pre-child...

No play icons for resume points in - Live TV, Recordings.

I have no source for the recordings path so no entry under Videos.

The play icons are present when a resume point is set for Movies and TV Shows only.

Cheers
CV8R

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 am

CV8R wrote:I have no source for the recordings path so no entry under Videos.
The play icons are present when a resume point is set for Movies and TV Shows only.
I thought so - unfortunately I don't use this feature. So my report was related to "Videos" section.
Not a solution but maybe a practical workaround: define the recording path as a video source - there the pickup points work flawlessly - and current recordings are also immediately added - can playback also during recording and it will remember your stopping point

agitate

Post by agitate » Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 am

Christoph21x wrote:Not a solution but maybe a practical workaround: define the recording path as a video source - there the pickup points work flawlessly - and current recordings are also immediately added - can playback also during recording and it will remember your stopping point
I thought about doing this too, as I don't schedule recordings or watch live TV through XBMC, but the one downside I discovered was that if you delete the recording through the Videos section, it doesn't delete the recording from ArgusTV's database. If you then view your recordings through the scheduler interface you'll have a load of them flagged as having a missing file (or some such error message, I can't remember exactly what it is now). Not a huge issue, but you'd have to clean them up manually now and again. Not sure if there is a built-in clean-up command to do this. You could probably script something up using the web services and a check if the file exists.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed May 28, 2014 11:09 am

agitate wrote:
Christoph21x wrote:Not a solution but maybe a practical workaround: define the recording path as a video source - there the pickup points work flawlessly - and current recordings are also immediately added - can playback also during recording and it will remember your stopping point
I thought about doing this too, as I don't schedule recordings or watch live TV through XBMC, but the one downside I discovered was that if you delete the recording through the Videos section, it doesn't delete the recording from ArgusTV's database. If you then view your recordings through the scheduler interface you'll have a load of them flagged as having a missing file (or some such error message, I can't remember exactly what it is now). Not a huge issue, but you'd have to clean them up manually now and again. Not sure if there is a built-in clean-up command to do this. You could probably script something up using the web services and a check if the file exists.
Hi agitate - humm, good point, I didn't know.
What if you open scheduler console -> recorded programs and hit import/synchronize and delete recorded shows that are no more present - do they disappear within xbmc / Live TV / recorded shows? That would turn this at least to "semi-automatic"

agitate

Post by agitate » Wed May 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Christoph21x wrote: What if you open scheduler console -> recorded programs and hit import/synchronize and delete recorded shows that are no more present - do they disappear within xbmc / Live TV / recorded shows? That would turn this at least to "semi-automatic"
Excellent. I didn't know that the import/synchronize button did that. I've just tried it and it listed all the recordings with missing files, and then (after asking me to select the ones I wished to clean-up) deleted them from the recordings database. That does, as you say, make it semi-automatic.

Personally, I'll still use the Live TV section to watch stuff. The missing icon doesn't really bother me (although it is nice to have), and ultimately I'd like to be able to watch live TV and everything through XBMC, once the interface matures a bit. Certainly not knocking Fred's great work, but I have a few usability issues with the EPG, and my good wife is having none of it. :D

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 pm

The XBMC PVR GUI is by necessity a (least) common denominator of the functionality provided by all the supported PVR's.

And of course it is 'Developer Art' :twisted: which almost never is great to look at.....

What I personally want to get done first now, is support for flexible EPG category colours. A little like the MediaPortal addon is supporting.

After that I would like to look into fully supporting all the ARGUS TV rules for recording schedules. That would mean we would have the same flexibility when adding a timer as currently available from the ARGUS Web UI. Of course this means developing a custom XBMC dialog for the addon, which involves a lot of reading, searching, learning and mistakes.

So much to do, so little time :(
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!