XBMC display episode numbers for argus tv recordings

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
sgibbers17

XBMC display episode numbers for argus tv recordings

Post by sgibbers17 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:38 am

I have argus setup to save recordings with the episode number grabbed by schedules direct, is there a way to have XBMC display those numbers in the recordings page?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christoph21x

Re: XBMC display episode numbers for argus tv recordings

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:45 am

Hi skibbers17!
I never got this working automatically on my system. That is due to (at least) my xmltv grabber
For xbmc you need to include in the file name ¨s00e00¨ and a separator, where ¨00¨ is season or episode number (episode can also have three digits)
Youcan check easily if your xmltv scanner is able to feed the needed fields of Argus: open the generated guidetv.xml file and see if you find entries like <episode> <season> containing just a number (not text as in <episodeinfo>)
If so, you should be able to use placeholde in a postprocessing command (set in scheduler console), that renames your recording by using %EPISODENUMBER% and/or %SASONNUMBER% as arguments calling a batch or cmd file
I personally rename them manually :(

If you find a solution, please drop a note! Highly interested!
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sgibbers17

Post by sgibbers17 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:27 pm

I am using mc2xml with schedules direct. It does not have the format of s00e00. I know this works for the TV section but does it still work for the recordings page.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:12 pm

sgibbers17 wrote:I am using mc2xml with schedules direct. It does not have the format of s00e00. I know this works for the TV section but does it still work for the recordings page.
That´s the point. This means, that the file format for recordings have to follow these rules. You can define the format within scheduler console-->Recording Paths (see also the help embedded there)
But you´ll only be successful if your xmltv guide supports the needed episode and season number entries. Mine doesn´t.
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sgibbers17

Post by sgibbers17 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Christoph21x wrote: That´s the point. This means, that the file format for recordings have to follow these rules. You can define the format within scheduler console-->Recording Paths (see also the help embedded there)
But you´ll only be successful if your xmltv guide supports the needed episode and season number entries. Mine doesn´t.
My xmltv guide does support episode numbers but they are not consistent. For example "The Middle" just secuencualy numbers the shows so right now I have just recorded episode 28 and 79. "The Millers" episode I have is 118 which I beleive is s01e18 but when I try to get it in that format I get s00e118. There are other shows that have this numbering scheme 6AJN13 and 4AJN20 which does does not make any seance to me because 6AJN13 is not s06e13.

Is there a grabber out there that does support seasons and episode numbers? I live in the US and I am currently using schedules direct.