Live TV media logos

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
hexagon

Live TV media logos

Post by hexagon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello, MediaPortal added support for displaying Live TV mediainfo logos like audio and video resolution, audio channel count etc. in TV OSD.

I'm not sure what needs to be done in Argus to display the same information. I compared the xml files in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\tvOSD.mediainfo.xml and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\tvOSD.xml with the same files on MediaPortal's GitHub but couldn't find any difference. Maybe something else needs updating in Argus' application? This is how it currently displays for me in MediaPortal 1.11.0 + Argus 2.3:
ArgusTVOSD.jpg
ArgusTVOSD.jpg (185.27 KiB) Viewed 24698 times

hexagon

Re: Live TV media logos

Post by hexagon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:00 pm

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't compare tvOSD.xml for MediaPortal and Argus? Perhaps Argus is using some other xml file for the TV OSD?

I've made a fresh installation of MediaPortal and checked the TV OSD and then added Argus and compared the result:
MediaPortal TV OSD.jpg
MediaPortal TV OSD.jpg (244.56 KiB) Viewed 24695 times
MediaPortal+Argus TV OSD.jpg
MediaPortal+Argus TV OSD.jpg (145.9 KiB) Viewed 24695 times

tripkip

Post by tripkip » Mon May 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Reading the description on that mediaportal page I'm sure this has nothing to do with Argus TV.
Media portal added the ability to show icons/info about the video/audio stream that is being played.

hexagon

Post by hexagon » Mon May 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Is there some other files involved than C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\tvOSD.mediainfo.xml and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\tvOSD.xml?
Do you know what file needs updating to support those new icons/info?

tripkip

Post by tripkip » Mon May 11, 2015 8:15 pm

hexagon wrote:Is there some other files involved than C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\tvOSD.mediainfo.xml and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\tvOSD.xml?
Do you know what file needs updating to support those new icons/info?
No, I don't use MediaPortal. As this is completely MP related, I suggest you ask it at the MP forum.