a couple of times ago, I got worried about all this garbage of left over files and I wrote two little helper batch files which clean up the directories from the left-overs from ARGUS-TV, 4TR & ComSkip: *.arg, *.thmb, *.4tr, *.txt, *.log, etc. - whatever you have left when you deleted a show from the player when having watched them like from XBMC, which only deletes the *.ts (or other) file and leaves the rest.
The two cmd files search the directory (and sub, if selected) for files for which no corresponding video file is present and deletes or moves them. Call CleanDir.cmd from your service task or manually in the directory you want to clean up. For any "candidate", it will repeatedly run DelNoTS.cmd to check, if a corresponding *.ts (or other video files since V 1.1a) file is present or missing and take action (... or not ).
Maybe anyone may find them useful as well. Adjust them to your needs.
- Simply place the two batch files (*.cmd) in any directory which should be set in your path information (or add the path in CleanDir.cmd to call DelNoTS.cmd)
- I run CleanDir.cmd from my automated task which also creates the XMLTV file (runtime of this cleanup is approx. 25-45 secs.)
- Adjust settings by commenting in & out in CleanDir.cmd
- Adjust file types to apply clean on in DelNoTS.cmd file
- Only run the CleanDir.cmd command, the second batch is used to check for presence of related *.ts (or other video files) and is called automatically from CleanDir
- Options: either delete or move the unneeded files, select move-to directory (absolute, relative), recurse sub directories, create a log file, include ComSkip files (makes an additional run to get them all ), add or remove file types you want to be treated or not
Find the cmd/batch files under http://21x.eu/downloads/CleanDirectory.html
Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph