Following cards are known to work :
|Card Model||Description||Reported in ARGUS TV Recorder Console as||Notes|
|HDHR3-CC||HDHomeRun Prime||Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner||there will be three separate tuners listed, each with a unique serial number after the description|
HDHomeRun Setup Application
Run the HDHomeRUn Setup application (it's in your start menu in the HDHomeRun group). The application should find all the tuners.
- Set your country and zip code as needed in the LOCATION tab.
- In the APPLICATION tab set the Main Application to OTHER: ATSC/QAM (or OTHER: DVB-T/DVB-C for European countries). *DO NOT* select _For The Record_ from the menu.
- Still in the APPLICATION tab, set whatever Preview Application you'd like.
- In the TUNERS tab, set the correct Source Type.
- Click OK. That will save the preferences and quit the application.
Windows Firewall Changes
You need to allow ArgusTV.Recorder.Cardhost.exe to have full access (incoming and outgoing) through the Windows Firewall. To do that in Windows 7:
- click on the START button
- select Control Panel from the right side of the Start Menu
- If your control panel is set to View by Category, select System and Security and then Windows Firewall. If your control panel is set to View by Large Icons or View by Small Icons, select Windows Firewall (it's near the bottom of the panel).
- On the left hand panel, click the link that says "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall."
- click ALLOW ANOTHER PROGRAM...
- click the BROWSE button next to the path field.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ARGUS TV\Recorder\ArgusTV.Recorder.Cardhost.exe
- click OPEN. When that window closes, click ADD and then OK at the next screen.
- Close the Windows Firewall control panel.
You need to make a few changes to the settings for the cards. To do that:
- Open the ARGUS TV Recorder Console.
- In the Tuner Card section, click on CARDS.
- Click the SHOW SETTINGS button (lower left) and then click on the ADVANCED tab.
- For each card
- change the WAIT FOR SERVICE PMT to 20 seconds. (you might be able to do something less, but the 10 second default often yields an error when trying to tune a service)
- In the DirectShow Graph section check the box for RESET CARD WHEN IDLE.
- Set the card input (the last column of the main window) as needed. For US Cable operators, select CABLE. For US antenna reception, select ANTENNA.
- Click the Save button in the ACTIONS column (far left)
For US cable operators, when scanning for services set the region to QAM (IRC). This setting is known to work for Time Warner Cable in Hawaii. It is possible other US cable operators may require a different setting.
Setting the region to ATSC to scan worked really well in California.