Import recordings from Dreambox possible?

General talk about ARGUS TV
negotiator

Import recordings from Dreambox possible?

Post by negotiator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello,

since ages I'm using a Dreambox 7025 (Enigma2) to watch and record TV.
Now, that Argus can be used as a backend to XBMC quite stable, I plan to move over to Argus.
Is there any chance, that my recordings from the Dreambox (all files stored on storage server) can be imported to Argus, including the EPG information that is attached to the Dreambox recordings? Has anyone already done such a move?

Thanks in advance
Oliver

Christoph21x

Re: Import recordings from Dreambox possible?

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Oliver!

.. and welcome to Argus!
Now that no-one seem to have a direct answer to you... can you let us know, of which format the recordings are? *.ts, *.mpg ... ?
Maybe we might at least give to you more information.
For what concerns the TV guide information: if you're using XBMC, it will anyhow download (new) guide information according to your settings in there...

Kind regards - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

negotiator

Re: Import recordings from Dreambox possible?

Post by negotiator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Christoph,

sorry for the late reply - I must have missed your posting.
First of all: Happy new year to you and all others here!

The Dreambox recordings are in TS-Format, fairly similar to the recordings that Argus does on SD-channels.
With regard to the EPG infos maybe my explanation was not that good. Of course I do get EPG data on current and future TV shows both in Argus and XBMC, but what I'm looking for is a way to import the EPG data that was attached to my historic TV shows that have been recorded with my Dreambox.
Means: I want to see my historic recordings in XBMC together with the attached EPG data.

Problem is, that the Dreambox seems to store the EPG data in a propriatary format (e.g. no XML). I'm not a programmer, but as the sources of the Dreambox software are available, an export to a format Argus can read should be possible.

Regards
Oliver