Stop re-recording already recorded archived shows

General talk about ARGUS TV
alan77ss

Stop re-recording already recorded archived shows

Post by alan77ss » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:32 am

After recording a programme I automatically transcode and archive it to mp4 (HD .ts files just don't play nice with most media players and for streaming).

The problem I have is that Argus then re-records the program if there is a repeat available despite the programme being in the recording history (obviously it is flagged up as missing). I have the 'episodes once' box ticked, but it still records. Ticking the 'first-run' option doesn't help because some of these programmes have been shown in the past, and 'unique titles' will only record one episode of the series.

So, is there any way of telling Argus not to re-record programmes that have already been recorded?

Christoph21x

Re: Stop re-recording already recorded archived shows

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:53 am

alan77ss wrote:So, is there any way of telling Argus not to re-record programmes that have already been recorded?
Hi Alan!
Just a trial - not sure if this works with mp4. Maybe there is a kind of "semi-automatic" way to achieve this - but this will then probably work only after/with new recordings
1. Scheduler Console -> Settings; activate "always create .arg metafiles"
2. Scheduler Console -> Recorded Programs in scheduler console and hit Import/Sync
3. Add the path (if it's different) of the created mp4's
4. Add mp4 (with semicolon) to the extensions
5. See what happens
6. check if upcomings are tagged as "cancelled/duplicate"
7. let us know
Be aware, that this is an experiment as I don't know. But it won't make any harm to your system.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

alan77ss

Re: Stop re-recording already recorded archived shows

Post by alan77ss » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks for the response. Linking to the archived mp4s didn't work, it wouldn't pick them up.

But creating the .arg metafile with a new schedule appears to have done the trick. i recorded a programme, then deleted it and the repeat is not being flagged up for recording.

So I'm very happy with that. Many thanks.