Help with managing alerts

General talk about ARGUS TV
lisag

Help with managing alerts

Post by lisag » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:55 am

Hello,

New user, just settling in..

I have set up a number of recording alerts using keywords and it has come up with about 60+ hits. I have been through them and scheduled to record the ones that I want, but now I am left with pages of alerts that I don't want.

I am unsure how I get rid of a particular program that is showing as an alert, without breaking the alert for it telling me about any future programs that pop up in the guide. Otherwise I am left with wading through 60+ alerts everytime I want to check what new alerts there are!

For example, I have a keyword alert of 'poker' which has alerted me to some poker programs that I want to record, so I have scheduled them to record. It has also alerted me to some poker programmes that I don't want to record, so I want to get rid of them in the alerts list, but I still want the alert to work once the guide is updated and new poker shows are showing.

I am using MediaPortal as the front end, and managing the scheduling both from that and from the ArgusTV Scheduler on my laptop.

I have looked at the wiki (a lot) but haven't found the info I need in this regard.

Many thanks

lisa

andrewNZ

Re: Help with managing alerts

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:54 pm

You could try the "NOT" operator to exclude the particular show name.

You can see the available operators by clicking the "?" at the fight of the text boxes. Operators available depend on the match type chosen.

e.g.
"Equals" allows "OR"
"Contains" allows "AND" "OR" "NOT"

So perhaps something like - Title contains: poker NOT pokerstars

(I'm not certain that example will work, but you get the idea)
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

lisag

Post by lisag » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Oh thanks, that's useful. I was looking for some of those details about search parameters in the wiki but couldn't find anything.

So, is it just by design that once a program has been flagged by an alert, the only option is to 'cancel this program' which greys it out but doesn't get rid of it?

If so, how long do all those greyed out programs stay there?
Do they drop off after a particular time period?

lisa

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:04 pm

They probably drop off when they don't appear in the EPG any more. :| I'm not certain.

The Wiki is lacking in some areas. We need to make some time to update/improve it.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

lisag

Post by lisag » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Okay, thanks for your help.

I'll let you know about the dropping off thing!

lisa

lisag

Post by lisag » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Just a quick update to confirm that the old 'greyed out' alerts do disappear once the guide is updated and that day is no longer visisble.