[SOLVED] How to Activate Recording Cleanup?

General talk about ARGUS TV
jtlarson

[SOLVED] How to Activate Recording Cleanup?

Post by jtlarson » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Most of my recording schedules are set to 'Keep until space is needed" and I have the disk space thresholds set at 120GB "free disk space" and 5GB "minimum disk space." This means older programs should be getting deleted when the free disk space drops below 120GB.

Unfortunately, that's not happening--the only programs that are getting cleaned up by the "Recording Cleanup" thread are a couple daily programs that I have set to "Keep 7 days." I can see from the scheduler logs that these are cleaned up as soon as the next recording starts, but none of the recording set to keep "until space is needed" have be deleted for several weeks.

I've tried rebooting the Scheduling server and storage server, and I can see the "Recording cleanup" thread start in the log files:

2015-04-01 05:18:03,920 [INFO ][Recordings Cleanup]: Recordings Cleanup thread started.

I've also adjusted the "free disk space" threshold a number of times. I can use the scheduler console to play/delete old recordings and verify they are set to delete when "space is needed," so I'm certain that the Scheduler process has the necessary access permissions to the file share.

Is there any way I can force/trick the recording cleanup thread to do it's job? Or at least hints about what triggers it to run normally?
Last edited by jtlarson on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

jtlarson

Re: How to Activate Recording Cleanup?

Post by jtlarson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Well... No replies, but I did just discover the issue:

I had some recordings that were stored on a network share that is unavailable, so the recordings were 'missing'. Running the Scheduler>Recorded Programs> "Import/synchronize" command and deleting the links to the old recordings has fixed the issue for me (running 2.2.2). Yay!