Anyone using Argus TV and Emby together on same server?

General talk about ARGUS TV
elsmandino

Anyone using Argus TV and Emby together on same server?

Post by elsmandino » Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi,

I am running both of these programs together on my server now (which is connected to a number of Raspberry Pi's, running Openelec) and whilst they certainly complement each other in some ways, there are a few areas where there is a bit of a conflict - for example, if I stop watching a program (via the Argus plugin) after 50%, but then try to resume via the Emby plugin, it will not remember the 50% resume marker.

I was wondering what the perfect solution might be to get the best out of both - it would be great to hear from any others in the same position, with what they are doing.

I was thinking of perhaps using the Argus TV plugin for watching Live TV only and never for recordings - I could then have Emby watch the Argus TV folder and use the auto organise function to move recordings to another "TV" folder that Emby is using for scraping.

Is this a good idea or am I overcomplicating things do you think?

logifuse

Re: Anyone using Argus TV and Emby together on same server?

Post by logifuse » Fri May 15, 2015 7:57 am

I am, but they're not interacting. I use the Argus PVR addon on OpenElec, & the Emby addon for videos (TV series & Movies).

There are some improvements happening to the PVR addon in Kodi that should make it a better experience (better layout of the recordings screen, series recording, etc).

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm

That is exactly what I am doing at the moment - can I assume that you only use Emby for videos that you want to keep?

I am interested in having a play around with Emby's auto organise folder - as far as I can tell, this shall automatically watch my Argus Recordings Folder and move them into a new "TV" folder that Emy uses for scraping.

How will Argus deal with files being moved directly from its recording folder?

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Sun May 17, 2015 12:24 am

Yes, I don't delete any videos from the front end. I don't tend to keep series long term, but I will keep a season until the next starts, then delete the old season via the desktop of my office PC.

I don't record enough TV to worry about it being managed by Emby. The EPG data in Australia is fairly hopeless anyway, so the chances of Emby being able to properly organise series are low.

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Mon May 18, 2015 2:30 pm

I was doing a bit more research and MCEBuddy apparently does a very good job of converting Argus TV recorded files as it is able to rename them based upon the accompanying XML file that Argus creates - one of the slight issues I have is being unable to find a way of Argus recording movies in the format: "movietitle (productiondate").

Do you know what happens if I use a third party program to watch the Argus Recording folder and automatically move the video file (and its XML) to another folder?

Will doing this really mess up Argus somehow?

It would be good if Argus could somehow automatically run the import/export facility when changes are made to the folder.