MDAPI Setup

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
badalf33

MDAPI Setup

Post by badalf33 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi,
Can someone explain hox to enable mdapi option in argus TV 2.0 ?
I'm using Argus TV Recorder, not Mediaportal....
Where is the "mdplugins" directory ?
I'm trying to configure acamd with it.

Thanks.

Sjakko

Re: MDAPI Setup

Post by Sjakko » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm

This subject is often treated delicately because of possible legal issues. To me it's unclear what's allowed and what's not. Would anyone know a way of finding this out so we can know what can be discussed and what can't? I'm almost certain that cardsharing on a single machine in my own home is allowed in my country (Netherlands).
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.

badalf33

Post by badalf33 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi,
Don't worry about legal issue : if you have a legal subscription with a card and if you want use it on your Media Center with Argus TV, where is the problem ?
Cardsharing is not in my mind, and I think this is not the problem of the Argus TV Team ...

If you prefer, I will pose the problem differently : how can I use my Legal DVB-S or DVB-T subscription with argus TV Recorder ?
What is the software and hardware configuration ?

@+

ole

Post by ole » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi.

I also have problems with Argus TV and MDAPI. I can 4TR up and running with MDAPI without problems, but I can it get working in Argus TV. I downloaded MDAPI_Plus_0_9_0_1589 and MDAPIFilter-acamd, registered mdapifiler.ax installed madpi plus and copied the old acamd (6.20) files from 4tr card1_1 folder to the new card1_1 folder under Argus TV. Can some one please descript which steps that has to be done :)

Thank you
Ole

Sjakko

Post by Sjakko » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm

@ole:
You need either MDAPI Plus or MDAPI, NOT both! So in your case unregister MDAPI, delete any MDAPI related files and uninstall MDAPI Plus. You may need to reboot after unregistering MDAPI.

Then install just 1. I'd say go with MDAPI Plus. It's the only one that works properly for me and no MDAPI knowledge required. Just install it. The MDPlugins of your old installation should work. Put it in the ARGUS TV Recorder folder, probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS TV\Recorder". There is nothing different really.

WARNING: With MDAPI Plus I found an issue you need to be aware of: Because of reasons I won't get in to now it is possible that suddenly you'll find that tuning will fail with a "ProgramNotFound" error caused by a folder called "ACamdTMP" being stuck in one or more of the MDPlugins subfolders. To prevent this issue give the user running MDAPI Plus write access to the MDPlugins folder. You can do that as follows (Win7 Pro x64): Right click MDPlugins > Properties > Security tab > Edit > select user running MDAPI Plus > check Full control > OK > OK). To find out what user runs MDAPI Plus, check Task Manager > Processes > find MDAPIHost.exe and see what user is in the "User Name" column.
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.

ole

Post by ole » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi

Thanks for the very fine answer. But I can't just getting it to Work. I get Failed to Tune to Channel when i hit Start Live Stream and under View log it says NoSignal. But I can scan and see the channels. I think it is because the scambling, but I am not sure.

Any good ideas?

Best Regards
Ole

Sjakko

Post by Sjakko » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Hmm maybe increase the "Wait for signal" value? Argus TV Recorder Console > Cards > select card > Show settings > Advanced > increase value > Save.

Is this problem on FTA channels too? Logs?

ole

Post by ole » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Sjakko

No signal on FTA channels also, strange. I think I have to check my sattelite disc. I was sure it worked before the update. I really appreciate you help so far :)

Best regards
Ole