Updating Tuner Drivers Kills Shares.... ***FIXED***

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Bleazle

Updating Tuner Drivers Kills Shares.... ***FIXED***

Post by Bleazle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi All

As part of my attempt to move to ARGUS's TV tuner (I'm currently using MPTV Server) I updated the drivers for my 2 Hauppague Nova-S Plus tuners. Firstly I did this while still running 4TR. Upon opening MPTV Server Config/plugins/4TR I got the message the "You must set up a share with full permissions..." error message (ummmm... I already have and they were working fine :? ...) I figured it would just be a matter of clicking the UNC Paths tab and entering the names of the Shares. Before updating the drivers the UNC paths showed up as: \\HTPC\TV Recordings & \\HTPC\TimeShift Folder.

After clicking "Create Share" (Note: Nothing shows alongside "Local Path:" - should the path be listed there?) I have tried entering "\\HTPC\TV Recordings" , "TV Recordings" and finally the local path - in all cases I get the "Failed to create share, name not unique?" error message :cry:

So then I installed ARGUS 2.0.1 but selected MPTV Server as the tuner (due to the issues I'm having with getting the ARGUS TV tuner up and running as noted here viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4013) and selected the ARGUS plugin in MPTV Config - I'm still getting the same error messages as above.

I have done multiple restarts as you would expect.

Does anyone know why my the shares been "killed" by updating my drivers? And how can I can I get them working again? I need to get this sorted because the wife gets home from a long weekend away tonight so my "window of opportunity" to try stuff out on the HTPC will be closed soon :shock:

***FIXED***

I had forgotten to set Recording and Timeshifting folders in MP TV Server. It's so long since I originally installed 4TR that I didn't think of this. Also it looks like this isn't mentioned on the ARGUS Installation Guide - maybe it should be? I have encouraged several people to give 4TR (in it's previous life) a go but they have given up because installation was too much of a mission (as I did the first few times I tried)so any little pointers are worth inserting imho.
Attachments
26-11-2012 1-17-38 p.m..png
26-11-2012 1-17-38 p.m..png (108.83 KiB) Viewed 6058 times