[Solved] Live TV - Unknown Error

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
vfrvulcan

[Solved] Live TV - Unknown Error

Post by vfrvulcan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Not sure where to start on this one, not sure if Argus or MP problem.

Been running MediaPortal with FTR for ages and all working pretty good but was seeing some stuttering on recordings so changed over to using FTR with Argus as the recorder.

Argus 2.0 appeared. I duly updated the server and the clients and all was going well - until a few days ago.

Now, whenever I attempt to watch live TV on one (all) of the clients I simply get an 'unknown error' dialog in MediaPortal.
I can view the TV guide in MP and instead of left-clicking to watch live, I can right-click and record without issue. Scheduling within Argus is fine, as is scheduling recordings via FTR Mobile

Went through the update to Argus 2.0.1 and also updated MP to 1.3.0 - no change. Only thing seen in MP log is: ChannelNavigator: Start a new live stream, result = UnknownError

I'm not aware of any changes made at this end to cause such behaviour but willing to accept any pointers!

MTIA

Aaron
Last edited by vfrvulcan on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

andrewNZ

Re: Live TV - Unknown Error

Post by andrewNZ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Check your Timeshift path exists and has the proper permissions. I get this exact thing when my external HDD decides it's had enough.

Edit:
New wiki article for this.
http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... nown_Error
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

vfrvulcan

Post by vfrvulcan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks for the quick reply but timeshift path not changed - still shows as being OK, different folder on same share as recording. Permissions still the same as well - full control.

tompa

Post by tompa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:30 am

Hi!
Could it be that you used UNC-path in your old setup and did not changed this when updated to Argu TV?
Default is RTSP I think.

just a quick thought...
/tompa

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 am

can you start a live stream from the ARGUS TV Scheduler Console? (under Live TV)
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.

vfrvulcan

Post by vfrvulcan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 am

tompa wrote:Hi!
Could it be that you used UNC-path in your old setup and did not changed this when updated to Argu TV?
Default is RTSP I think.

just a quick thought...
/tompa
Thanks Tompa,

But I'm looking at:
ARGUS TV Recorder Console 2.0 (even though I've updated to 2.0.1)
Settings
Timeshifting:
Timeshift path: \\vulcan\video\temp
As UNC share: \\vulcan\video\temp

Recordings:
Recordings path: \\vulcan\video\@unsorted
As UNC share: \\vulcan\video\@unsorted

Both UNCs are highlighted in green, pass the (Re)Check Share, and haven't been changed in over a year, and also worked post update to Argus TV 2.0 until a few days ago.

vfrvulcan

Post by vfrvulcan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 am

andrewNZ wrote:can you start a live stream from the ARGUS TV Scheduler Console? (under Live TV)
No, hadn't thought about that one as I'm running is as a VM.

Unable to start stream.

Thanks, gives the direction to investigate.

vfrvulcan

Post by vfrvulcan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 am

vfrvulcan wrote:
andrewNZ wrote:can you start a live stream from the ARGUS TV Scheduler Console? (under Live TV)
No, hadn't thought about that one as I'm running is as a VM.

Unable to start stream.

Thanks, gives the direction to investigate.
From recorder.log:

Code: Select all

2012-11-28 22:28:09,949 [INFO ][Record]: RecordingThread [The Work Experience]: Calling AddNewRecording()
2012-11-28 22:42:27,279 [INFO ][142]: TuneLiveTvStream(): tuning card #4 to BBC TWO
2012-11-28 22:42:27,357 [ERROR][142]: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at  .(Guid , Guid , LiveStreamMode , CardLiveStream& )
   at ArgusTV.Recorder.Business.CardsFacade.StartLiveStream(Guid cardId, Guid serviceId, LiveStreamMode mode, CardLiveStream& cardStream)
   at  .(Card , Channel ,   , LiveStream& )
   at  .(Channel , LiveStream& ,   , List`1 , Nullable`1 ,   , Dictionary`2 )
   at  .TuneLiveStream(Channel , CardChannelAllocation , LiveStream& )
2012-11-28 22:44:29,603 [INFO ][143]: TuneLiveTvStream(): tuning card #4 to E4+1
2012-11-28 22:44:29,744 [ERROR][143]: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at  .(Guid , Guid , LiveStreamMode , CardLiveStream& )
   at ArgusTV.Recorder.Business.CardsFacade.StartLiveStream(Guid cardId, Guid serviceId, LiveStreamMode mode, CardLiveStream& cardStream)
   at  .(Card , Channel ,   , LiveStream& )
   at  .(Channel , LiveStream& ,   , List`1 , Nullable`1 ,   , Dictionary`2 )
   at  .TuneLiveStream(Channel , CardChannelAllocation , LiveStream& )

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 am

Can you ping the shares? (ARGUS TV Scheduler Console, Recorder/Tuners)

Shares showing in green only proves it is a valid path, not that the path exists and or is shared properly.

vfrvulcan

Post by vfrvulcan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 am

andrewNZ wrote:Can you ping the shares? (ARGUS TV Scheduler Console, Recorder/Tuners)

Shares showing in green only proves it is a valid path, not that the path exists and or is shared properly.
Yes, ping is fine