MDapi plus and dual tuner card (TBS 6981)

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
phanos

MDapi plus and dual tuner card (TBS 6981)

Post by phanos » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello I am trying to configure mdapi plus + acamd to work with my dual card TBS 6981. The card plays fine when trying to play two FTA or one FTA and one scrabble channel but I can not play two scrabble channels at the same time.

I have notice (through acamdmonitor application) that when attempting to start up a second scrabbled channel a second tab is opening indicating that there is a second attempted to connect to the server for the second channel.

Is there a way to configure the argus tv + mdapi plus + acamd in such way in order to use the same connection for two channels instead of one?

Thanks in advance

phanos

Re: MDapi plus and dual tuner card (TBS 6981)

Post by phanos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi,

I am the only one who has the TBS 6981 card and tried to play two concurrent scrabble channels on it or am I doing something really wrong?

hexagon

Post by hexagon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:33 pm

You need two different accounts on the server and configure each acamd with a different user/password.
Another solution is to use Cardservproxy which can connect with one account to the server and provide several clients with codes but it seems a bit overkill for your situation.

phanos

Post by phanos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi hexagon and thanks for the reply. I think I understand what I need to do now. I will create two logins on my server and use one login for each channel.

Benoire

Post by Benoire » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:09 am

You need to create Userxxx:Passwordxxx for each channel you wish to record/play. As an example, I have 4 users setup so my 4 tuners can access the card. They are USer1:PAssword1; User2:Password2; User3:Password3; and User4:Password4. For each directory in MDPlugins, I have assigned one of those to the acamd config file.

To enable access to more channels than you have tuners you need to set the number of cams to a figure greater than 1, i.e. if you set them all to 2, you'll have 8 directories, you'll need 8 user names and the ability to record 8 programs as once as long as they're spread across a maximum of 4 mux's.

Does that make sense?