[solved] Conflicts

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Emach

[solved] Conflicts

Post by Emach » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi

I have completed the setup without any problems and have all my channels listed and working ok.

I am now adding scheduled recordings and noticed that later today it is showing as not recording some shows because there is a conflict with another programme,

I am puzzled because the conflicting item whic is stopping the recording is a lower priority than those shows which are not going to be recorded.

In addition I am even more confused by the fact that conflicting item isnt going to be recorded anyway (because it conflicts with the higher priority items)

Im guessing I have possibily made a newbie error somewhere, but can anyone give me any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

Emach

Re: Conflicts

Post by Emach » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Ok, I think I may have confused myself

Looking at this in more detail I think I have confused the conflict marker on shows which will record with those on shows which will not due to the conflict

Time to go and hide in a corner!

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi Alan & welcome to Argus!

I thought a couple of times that some "decisions" seemed unlogical to me but at the end it was always reasonable.
You should play around a bit. If you "hover" your mouse over the red or grey "dot" it will give you in case of conflicts the reasons why recordings are not done and tell you in detail with which shows the recording conflicts.
If you want to see more, double-click (or open) the Argus notifier and hover your mouse over the red / greyed "dot" and over the recording name: it will tell you with which card a recording is planned.

One thing has to be considered:
- you ca record more than one channel with one card at a time if it is received by the same mux/transponder, that may be a reason, why a channel MAY be recorded in parallel, another not. If the other one is not possible in parallel (to same-prioritized program), but the same in the mux IS (even with lower priority), e.g.:

Code: Select all

Recordings planned
Chan 1 (normal prio, mux a): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx          (is recorded)
Chan 2 (normal prio, mux b):                           xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (is not recorded, conflicts)
Chan 3 (low prio, mux a):                       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (is recorded, same mux as chan 1)

OR, if all from different mux's
Chan 1 (normal prio, mux a): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              (is recorded)
Chan 2 (normal prio, mux b):                           xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (is not recorded, conflicts)
Chan 3 (low prio, mux c):                                   xxxxxxx    (is recorded, card free again)
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Emach wrote: Time to go and hide in a corner!
Not at all ;)
You simply owe me a beer as I saw your second post only after having written my answer :)
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

PD

Post by PD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:14 pm

The other thing to check under is upcoming recordings, there may be a repeat of that show at another time were no conflict exists, a very common occurrence for me.
Ray
Paranoid Delusion
Team-MediaPortal