Scheduler doesn’t find/utilize changed Recorder shares

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
msjaffe

Scheduler doesn’t find/utilize changed Recorder shares

Post by msjaffe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 pm

Hello, I’ve only been using Argus TV for a short time, but things were going well until I needed to change the share paths in Recorder. Scheduler continues to show the old share paths, and of course says they are “not OK,” presumably because they no longer exist. I would appreciate help getting Scheduler to recognize the changed share paths in Recorder.

A little more detail:
-The only software I am using at this point is Argus TV Recorder and Scheduler, to record ATSC from a digital antenna through a SiliconDust HDHomerun Dual.
-In the Recorder Settings screen, both the Timeshifting and Recording paths in Recorder are correct (and the same), and the UNC share (Re)Check for both come up green/good.
-The folder is definitely shared in Windows 8.0; I can find and use it on at least one other networked device (in addition to Recorder having no problem finding and recording to it).
-The Record button in the Status screen of Recorder works, and puts the recording in the correct/updated folder.
-I have closed and restarted both Recorder and Scheduler since making the change, but that did not help.
-In the Recorders screen in Scheduler, with the (only) recorder highlighted, after clicking the Ping button, the message is “Server successfully connected to Argus.” The recorder name is Argus, and the Service URL is http://localhost:49953/ArgusTV/Recorder.
But…
-In the Recorders screen in Scheduler, with the (only) recorder highlighted, after clicking the Test Shares button, the message is “Shares defined on recorder Argus are not OK.” But the shares listed in this message are NOT the current shares that I said work successfully in Recorder; they are the old shares. Scheduler is not seeing the revised shares in Recorder.
-I tried adding a new recorder in the Recorders screen in Scheduler. It comes in with the same name and URL path, and again the ping is successful, but I get the same error message for the shares.
-The result of this is that when I create a test manual recording in the Recording Schedules in Scheduler, it now fails whereas it used to work. The log says “Failed to convert [old path…] to UNC path, please add required share.” Again, it’s trying to use the old share location instead of the one Recorder now points to.

I assume/hope I’ve missed some relatively easy but important step(s) to get Scheduler to recognize the new Recorder share location. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If this has been addressed in an earlier post, I would appreciate someone pointing me there.

facted

Re: Scheduler doesn’t find/utilize changed Recorder shares

Post by facted » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:00 am

I'm having this exact issue. Can anyone help guide me towards a fix?