questions regarding using tv clients, iptv over internet

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
DubZ

questions regarding using tv clients, iptv over internet

Post by DubZ » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm completely new in (IP)TV with TV card and PC. So please be a bit patient with me.. :) :)

First question/topic:
Yesterday I started to setup my IPTV configuration. I have a TBS 6982 tv card. With the instruction manual I went through the setup and everything was ok. I downloaded the Kodi addon and it worked perfect.

Then I wanted to look TV e.g. from my android tablet. I downloaded Argus TV HD and VLC media player app. But now, I really don't know how to configure this software. Is there any hint out there? I tried to google the whole internet yesterday :P

Second topic:
Is there any way to stream the IPTV to the internet (when network technical things like dyndns provider, opening ports etc. are done?!)?

thx in advance for helping out with this questions where I didn't found something :/

DubZ

Re: questions regarding using tv clients, iptv over internet

Post by DubZ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:30 am

Nobody any idea? :/

jtlarson

Re: questions regarding using tv clients, iptv over internet

Post by jtlarson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 pm

ArgusTV HD looks to be non-functional with 2.3 currently, but you can take a look at the sceenshots on the Google play store for hints about how the config page should be filled in.

As for streaming, ArgusTv doesn't have any built-in transcoder, so playback of live TV from your tuner would happen at full bandwidth, which your outgoing connection might not be able to cope with. Otherwise, it could work (I think) as long as you open up the RTSP port and ArgusTV secure port: 49444.