Can't get to sleep

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
buff

Can't get to sleep

Post by buff » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi all,

Wondered if someone could help?

Recently installed Argus TV after having previously used WMC for many years, but with no EPG going forward had to move away from that. Decided to upgrade to Windows 10 at the same time.

All working great and with the Kodi addon - however, it would seem that the Argus TV Recorder service is preventing the system from going to sleep. If I stop the service, the PC goes to sleep, but if it is started again it then won't go to sleep.

powercfg -requests mentions "legacy kernel driver" as the culprit and when the recorder service is stopped this goes away, so it would seem that the recorder service is the issue.

Anyway of allowing the system to go to sleep but still have the recorder service activated (or come on when needed)?

Many thanks

elsmandino

Re: Can't get to sleep

Post by elsmandino » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:06 pm

I had the exact same problem.

The only way I managed to solve it was to do a clean install of Windows 10 - it is apparently not really advisable to upgrade Windows versions as it causes various, hard to fix issues, like this.

Are you also, by any chance, running Stablebit software?

buff

Post by buff » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi elsmandino,

Thanks for your reply - I'm not running Stablebit (as far as I know - never heard of it!)

Will probably do a clean install of Windows at some point - had to do this on my other machine, as the User Accounts got messed up in some way when upgrading.

Thanks for your help

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:18 pm

You're welcome.

The reason I asked about Stablebit is that I had problems with Stablebit Scanner - it is very good at making sure that your hard drives are in perfect running order but it was preventing my server from sleeping until I had a tinker with the settings.

Have a look at Stablebit - I rarely feel the need to purchase software as there are often better "free" alternatives, but bought after many recommendations on here.