Argus TV Backend Notifier

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
adelphia

Argus TV Backend Notifier

Post by adelphia » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi.

I am currently investigating options to watch TV on my PC using two tuner cards, one USB and one PCI (not PCIe).

Both are recognised by Argus TV and both tune adequately. However, what I'd like to know is, how does the scheduler work? I don't really want to leave the PC on all the time or even put it into sleep mode and was looking to send a WoL command to it from a Linux based server (Ubuntu) which is on 24/7.

Is there a way to be able to do this or does the database / TV server have to be on the same machine in order to accomplish scheduling?

Not sure how quickly I am likely to get a response (if at all) as I see Dot-i appears to be absent right now and no development work has been carried out (released to the public anyay) for some time.

If anyone has an answer (or maybe other suggestions) I would be truly grateful.

I must stress that the server is Linux based and therefore unlikely to have drivers for the older PCI card and the case is also low profile which means the PC tuner simply won't fit. In addition, Argus TV is designed for Windows, not Linux but I'm not sure if anyone has managed to get something similar going?

I look forward to (in anticipation) your replies and / or suggestions.
Adelphia (Chris)
Windows 10 Pro (x64)
AMD A10-7850K (3.7Ghz)
8GB Corsair 2400 RAM