cut comercials from .TS file using comskip and VideoRedo

Share your ARGUS TV tips & tricks here
PaulAEvans

Re: cut comercials from .TS file using comskip and VideoRedo

Post by PaulAEvans » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Neither Remote OR keyboard seem to work :cry:
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

providers

Post by providers » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late anwser, I have been away this weekend.
I have downloaded comskip, and then I have edit the ini file so edl output=0
No need for any output, It generates at txt file and thats all needed.

So then you setup ARGUS TV postprocessing to use comskip.exe after every redording.
After every recording, then it will run comskip, and it will generete the txt file needed for mediaportal.

Now you can start to see your movie in MP, when ever there are commercials, then you just press the skip button on your MCE remote.
And it jumps right over it... (try to press skip, and then rewind to see if it worked)

rgs.
Providers

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Ok thanks.. I'll give it a try.
I'm looking for a non destructive process which it seems you have found. :D
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

maarten77

Post by maarten77 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:48 am

make sure that commercial skipping is turned on in MediaPortal configuration (general settings).

this thread was initiated to show how to do edit the recording itself. a mediaportal user shouldn't need this most of the time, because mediaportal doesn't need the recording to be edited in order to be able to skip commercials.

only if you want to compress recordings and cut out the commercials while you're at it, you would need to make actual cuts. but then, I think you should look here.

in the meantime, I have created a comksip plugin for Meedio, the HTPC software I use, to skip commercials. so also for Meedio users, this script isn't necessary anymore.

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Ok. I managed to get comskip working in MP.. So I will move my future posts away from this forum.
I will now try comskip as ARGUS TV postprocessing command and restict my posts to this thanx for help.

pauld

Post by pauld » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:23 pm

I have been trying to find a solution to cutting commercials for some time, but my results using the free tools around always resulted in lip sync issues.

I decided I would give VideoRedo a try & it seems to do the job very nicely. i have tried the script at the beginning of this thread, but I can't get it working as a post processor. When running from a dos prompt it runs fine and completes the job without a problem.

When running via the MMC it creates the .VPrj file but then just exits before cutting the program. If I load the generated .VPrj file into VideoRedo manually it works fine as well.

Is there any reason why this is not working in ARGUS TV?

Thanks

maxreborn

Post by maxreborn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 am

I've done this setup but needed to make a few changes to get the post processing working.

Using:
Win 7 Ult 64-bit
VideoReDo TV Suite v4
ARGUS TV 1.6.0.2
Comskip 80.042

Using maarten77's batch file (Thanks for that btw!) from the first post I've changed this line

Code: Select all

cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoRedo\vp.vbs" "%~dpn1.VPrj" "%~dpn1_clean.ts" /t4 /d /e
to

Code: Select all

cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoRedoTVSuite4\vp.vbs" "%~dpn1.VPrj" "%~dpn1_clean.ts"  /d /e p:"MPEG2 Program Stream"
Seems this is the reason why VideoReDo closed right away after comskip finished. In TVSuite v4 the profile name must be specified for the output you want. The switch is /p:<ProfileName> replace <ProfileName> with the profile you want to use in VideoReDo. The switch /t4 is also setting which profile is used so just replace it.

I also ran into another error in VideoRoDo after this "No audio stream found". The solution for this was changing 2 settings. Tools-->Options-->General Parameters "Tooltip delay = slow" and increasing the value in Tools-->Options-->Stream Parameters "MBytes to scan at file open = 100"

Probably doesnt make a difference but I've saved the batch file in c:\program files (x86)\ARGUS TV\Scheduler Console\ and set this location for the post processor.

pauld

Post by pauld » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info. Have tried what you have suggested, but I still get exit code 0 in the ARGUS TV log.

The only difference between my setup & yours is that I am using WHS 2011 maybe that is my problem.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 am

luetty wrote: Im also fairy, because comskip dosent work for me - but this time i use the original TV-Engine from MP and not ARGUS TV.
Dear luetty,

I've read lots of your posts so far - and they're always very professional.
I have no experience with Comskip - can you please shortly post, why Comskip is not working for you? Maybe I can spare the time to try and play around then.. ;)

Thanks in advance - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)