HDHomeRun Setup Tips

Share your ARGUS TV tips & tricks here
Skippy

Re: HDHomeRun Setup Tips

Post by Skippy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:54 am

It sounds like it works the way I expect. Out of the pool of available tuners, argus tv server will find the next available tuner regardless of the specific tuner.

Bozo

Post by Bozo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Skippy wrote:It's good to know that two hdhomerun will work. Do you mean that potentially tuners 1,3 can record the same thing twice? I am guessing that I should be able to connect two hshomeruns to a single antenna. Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry, what i mean is the following, better explained with an example.

Both my antenna are pointing at different directions, but some channels can be watch from both antenna, but with some worse reception 80% instead of 100%.

So with 4 tuners,

ANT1, Tuner1, channel 15 : 100%
ANT1, Tuner2, channel 15 : 100%
ANT2, Tuner3, channel 15 : 80%
ANT2, Tuner4, channel 15 : 80%

What you can't do in Argus, or did not found how to, is that I want Argus to use Tuner1/2 before using Tuner 3/4.

So that for Argus to tuner using Tuner 3/4 It would already be recording using tuner 1 and 2.

I'm sorry it wan't clear the first time.

Now for your question, yes, you can connect 2 HDHomerun to the same antenna to get 4 tunners for the same channels, and argus will work perfectly (use as a pool)

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 am

Keeping in mind that often ArgusTV can tune all channels on a frequency using only 1 tuner.
And.
Depending on how many frequencies you receive and how the HDHR's work, you may be able to unmap the channels from the bad tuners.

The idea being that if you have 4 frequencies and and 2 HDHR's, you only need the channels from 2 frequencies mapped to each HDHR to receive all channels at once.

Results may vary :D
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Ipsofacto

Post by Ipsofacto » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Just installed HDHR4-2DT(UK) is connect with dual tuners working on OTA only for both SD and HD in UK. All works fine from clients such as PC and Kodi via the HDHomerun add-in. Have had argus TV 2.3 running on WHS2011 with couple of tuners inside HP NL40 for several years.

I was hoping to use the homerun as additional network tuners with argus TV. No joy so far following the wiki and various Google threads that I've found on the topic.

Basic question. - how do you get Argus recorder service to "search" or recognise network tuners? I don't even understand what else to search forums/Google for on this one. All threads are silent on how to trigger Argus to search and find network tuner cards? Should it be automatic or is there something in setup I cannot see for looking!

Arthur Dent

Post by Arthur Dent » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Ipsofacto wrote:Just installed HDHR4-2DT(UK) is connect with dual tuners working on OTA only for both SD and HD in UK. All works fine from clients such as PC and Kodi via the HDHomerun add-in. Have had argus TV 2.3 running on WHS2011 with couple of tuners inside HP NL40 for several years.

I was hoping to use the homerun as additional network tuners with argus TV. No joy so far following the wiki and various Google threads that I've found on the topic.

Basic question. - how do you get Argus recorder service to "search" or recognise network tuners? I don't even understand what else to search forums/Google for on this one. All threads are silent on how to trigger Argus to search and find network tuner cards? Should it be automatic or is there something in setup I cannot see for looking!
Late reply, but in case someone else needs this, you need to install the HDhomerun software on the same machine that ArgusTV is running on. Then, ArgusTV should detect the tuners. I have questions as to how the HDhomerun setup utility needs to be configured, but this should get you going.

Ipsofacto

Post by Ipsofacto » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:00 pm

Thanks - will give that a go. Cheers