"Only" Argus TV Scheduler console as an add-on in XBMC

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
RogerS

"Only" Argus TV Scheduler console as an add-on in XBMC

Post by RogerS » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:39 am

I know that RED_F is working hard to get the ARGUS TV PVR working in XBMC. But for my personal situation this full PVR add-on is a bit too much. I don't need LIVE TV functionality on my XBMC box in the living room as for LIVE TV we just use our TV with build in DVB-C tuner.
But what I'm looking for is a stripped down functionality of the Argus TV Scheduler. I just need to able to program ARGUS which recordings I would like to record. In my situation the recorded programs are storage on my NAS and my XBMC box has a SAMBA share to this location. So I can watch the recordings without the use of the ARGUS TV server.

A brief functionality list:
  • Support of WOL in case ARGUS Server is in hibernation mode
    Show the TV Guide (EPG data)
    To be able to select a program from the TV Guide to record
    (Optional)Show list of programmed recordings and be able to delete one or more programmed recordings

facted

Re: "Only" Argus TV Scheduler console as an add-on in XBMC

Post by facted » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Almost all of this functionality is already included in the mobile ArgusTV app which you can use on your android phone. It brings up the EPG, you can choose what to record, you can see your recordings. You can't delete anything, however. Still pretty handy, especially when used in combo with yatze xbmc app for android, which allows amazing control of xbmc from your phone as well. Argus Mobile.

RogerS

Re: "Only" Argus TV Scheduler console as an add-on in XBMC

Post by RogerS » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Facted,

Yes I know but at the moment I just have a modified Vodafone/Samsung H1, which was the flagship phone when introducing Vodafone 360... Now I've installed a homebrew Android version on it but the Argus Mobile software didn't work that well on this phone. To have this functionality in XBMC would be nice without using an additional device. ;)
I could also use my HP windows XP tablet (yes it is already 7 years old) to run the Argus TV Scheduler directly but it is not directly family use proof...