Recording file formats folders

Post by rantzauer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Hello

I have created different recording folders like this:

KidsTV
Movies
Series
WifeTV

This way my family can easier find what they want to see, the kids know that they have to go to KidsTV to find something for them and so on. That I am missing is the possibility to get a view in the web-interface under recordings, so that I here could get a list of all the things place in fx. the KidsTV folder. This would make it easier for my family to for instance clean up that the don't want any more. With around 1,5tb of recordings it is quite a mess to look at in the view there are know.

This I am also missing in XBMC, but i guess that here it is a XBMC thing, and not Argus, I need to address

And know we are at feature requests. Could it be possible to make argus able to use several recording paths, so that you could have recording paths on different drives.

I don't know how many is using these faetures with different recording folders. But for me it would be a great improvement, but of course if I am the only one using it this way, you should not use time on it.

Have a nice day.

Rantzauer

jeffski10

Re: Recording file formats folders

Post by jeffski10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm

You can achieve some of this if they are sub folders of the main TV Recordings folder by using the recording file name formats. I do this for my radio recordings to put them in a separate folder by using

Radio\%%TITLE%%\%%TITLE%% - %%EPISODETITLE%%_%%CHANNEL%%_%%DATE%%_%%HOURS%%-%%MINUTES%%

You just then need to specify the type of recording when you add it to the schedule.

Jeff

Server: Windows 7, Argus recorder, Silicon Dust tuners
Clients: Openelec on a Pi and Gigabyte Brix

rantzauer

Post by rantzauer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello Jeffski10

Thanks for the reply, but this is exactly that I have done. Maybe I was not clear enough. The problem is then you in the web-interface look at all of your made recordings, they all show up in one long long long line. It would be very nice if you could filter the view of the recordings, so that it for example only showed that was recorded in the KidsTV folder.

Does this make more sense? :-)

/Rantzauer

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am

I've got a similar but related request in that I'd like to create a recording file format to allow a path name that is not below the main "Recordings" folder. I record, watch and then delete some TV programs in XBMC under the "Live TV" recordings but for certain other series I would like to save them to a separate TV shows folder. i.e. default recordings to "\\Server\Recordings\..." and a non-default option that I can select for certain schedules that could point to "D:\TV\..." (for example). Is there any way to achieve this at the moment or, if not, is this something that could be considered to be implemented in a future release?

Thanks,
Neil