Archive Recorded Programs

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
N0DDY

Archive Recorded Programs

Post by N0DDY » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 pm

There may already be a way of doing this that I haven't figured out yet but I thought it would be handy if there was a way to archive recorded programs off rather than simply delete them. That way when I run out of space on my Argus server I can store the old programs on my file server. So far the best that I've come up with is simply moving the files over which isn't exactly elegant.

andrewNZ

Re: Archive Recorded Programs

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 am

An option is to just change the recording path. ArgusTV will record to the new location and all the existing recordings will still be accessible.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

N0DDY

Re: Archive Recorded Programs

Post by N0DDY » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:24 pm

andrewNZ wrote:An option is to just change the recording path. ArgusTV will record to the new location and all the existing recordings will still be accessible.
That's an idea, unfortunately it doesn't quite do what I was hoping to achieve, basically I'd like to be able to periodically archive all older TV shows off a different machine in order to save space on the main one. The file server that I would be archiving to isn't switched on all the time, whereas my argus server is.