Search by duration, auto record and delete

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
c0g

Search by duration, auto record and delete

Post by c0g » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 pm

I requested the ability to have a film-list on FTR, but I think I've found a way to actually achieve a close facsimile (from looking through how MythTV achieve it).

Basically what I'd like is to be able to search for broadcasts of a certain length, with various stipulations. For example, >1.5 hrs, <3.5 hrs, not 'Sports'. That should fairly reliably get most movies that are shown and provide me with a canned search.

As an extension to this, would some kind of 'catch all' recording be possible? I have a >lot< of hd space, and recording all movies in the last week then deleting them unless I flag to keep would be an fun usage and maybe justify buying a few more TB. I could perform the deletion myself (delete if untouched for > 2 week with a simple script), but the facility to record to a 'bulk' directory would be cool (so I can run the delete after... rule on all files in the directory).

If this feature is already available my apologies!

cybersheep

Re: Search by duration, auto record and delete

Post by cybersheep » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 pm

I'd certainly +1 the first part of this request - being able to search for programs of e.g. 90-180 minutes would be very useful for searching for films when genre information is missing incorrect or vague.