Suggestions for the Import / Synchronisation wizard

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
tomper2

Suggestions for the Import / Synchronisation wizard

Post by tomper2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Hello,

A couple of suggestions for the Import / Synchronisation wizard

1. When one imports a recording with metadata the record created in the sqlserver database is assigned a new RecordingId. If that recording is subsequently moved, because the RecordingId in the database and the RecordingId in the metadata don't match, the Import / Synchronisation wizard will treat it as a missing / found recording rather than a moved recording. It'd be good if after importing a recording with metadata the I/S wizard would update the RecordingId in the metadata to match the new RecordingId in the database so subsequent file moves are treated as moves.

2. When I moved my tuners from my pvr to my server I screwed up and lost all my schedules and had to start from scratch. It would be great if, as part of the import process, one could specify a schedule for a recording and have the recording added to that schedule's history. (with the file's metadata updated accordingly).

logifuse

Re: Suggestions for the Import / Synchronisation wizard

Post by logifuse » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 am

I've just moved my tuner/Argus from my HTPC to my server & I agree, the import process is a little sub-standard. All my recordings (despite using the export wizard on the HTPC & import wizard on the server) imported as individual shows rather than part of a series or grouped.

The export/import of scheduled recordings worked well, except one of my channel names had changed. Suggestion: instead of the import failing when it strikes this, perhaps it could give the option to substitute channel or ignore those recordings? I went back & excluded them from the export & the remainder imported well.