[solved] Upgrade to Argus TV, Mediaportal plugin issue

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
cybersheep

[solved] Upgrade to Argus TV, Mediaportal plugin issue

Post by cybersheep » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi All.

I upgraded last night from latest 4TR Beta to Argus TV. Install appeared to go smoothly but when i started MediaPortal i could no longer see "TV" or "Radio" in the main menu (or under plugins). I verfied that the Argus TV and Radio plugins were showing and enabled in MediaPortal config tool plugins menu.

I rebooted PC, still didn't help. I then reinstalled Argus TV, still didn't help.

Finally, in MediaPortal config tool, I pressed "disable" then "enable" on the TV plugin, I then pressd "in plugins" and "in main menu" (or whatever that button is called). Now when i restarted MediaPortal all was well again and i could see TV and Radio.

Not a major issue, but confused me for a while, so reporting it in case anyone else has same problem.

Cheers, Rich.

andrewNZ

Re: Upgrade from 4TR to Argus TV, Mediaportal plugin issue

Post by andrewNZ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm

A similar issue can occur. This probably isn't the same issue, but it might help someone too.

If you disable the radio plugin both TV and Radio disappear from MediaPortal. This is due to the fact that both plugins are contained in the same .dll file (or something like that). To disable the radio plugin, open the TV plugin config and tick the "disable radio plugin" box.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.