[solved] Signal is fine the first time but not the second

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
JF

[solved] Signal is fine the first time but not the second

Post by JF » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi, I love the program but I having a bit of a problem.

I have an Hauppauge wint-hvr 2250. I use it to record ATSC over the air.

I have a good antenna and a strong signal. When I tune a channel, everything is fine. My problem appear when I try to access that channel again. I get a message that tell me there is no signal. If I use the Signal Monitor program that comes with the card I get a nice signal to noise ratio and everything is still lock.

If I change channel and change back to the original channel, it will work fine. If there is no gap between shows, it will record both shows correctly. It only appear if there is a gap between two shows on the same channel.

It works fine in WinTV. I can see in the Signal Monitor that WinTV restarts the locks even if it's the same channel but in Argus if it's on the same channel it does not. If I tune the channel in WinTV and ask Argus the same channel after, it will work. So I'm guessing Argus isn't asking for the channel correctly if it thinks it's already have that channel.

I can recreate the problem using the Statues tab in Argus Recorder Console.
Last edited by andrewNZ on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: marked solved

Christoph21x

Re: Signal is fine the first time but not the second

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi JF

thanks for posting & greetz!
Could this also be a timing (time-out) problem tuning the channel? Did you play a bit (remembering the original values!) with the timing values under Cards / [Select card] / Show Settings (bottom right), Tab "Advanced" ?

Just an idea... kind regards - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

JF

Re: Signal is fine the first time but not the second

Post by JF » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:29 pm

The tuning option didn't fix it but the option to reset the graph when the card is idle seems to have solve my problem.

Thank you.