Argus showed HDD 100% full when it wasn't

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
cybersheep

Argus showed HDD 100% full when it wasn't

Post by cybersheep » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Yesterday I turned on my HTPC and noted in MP that Argus was claiming the HD was 100% full, when in fact it was approx 70% full (of a 1.5 TB partition).

I also noted that the web interface also showed the same thing. I then copied off the Argus logs and rebooted the PC. After reboot all was OK.

Looking briefly at the logs today I can see that the Recorder is showing errors like this:

2014-01-05 17:16:41,968 [INFO ][ARGUS TV Recorder]: Starting recorder service host.
2014-01-05 17:16:54,623 [ERROR][ARGUS TV Recorder]: System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:49850. Make sure that you are not trying to use this endpoint multiple times in your application and that there are no other applications listening on this endpoint. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionListener.Listen()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionListener.Listen()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnectionListener.Listen()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ExclusiveTcpTransportManager.OnOpen()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionOrientedTransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TcpChannelListener`2.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at ArgusTV.Recorder.MainThread.Initialize(Boolean systemResuming)
at ArgusTV.Recorder.MainThread.Run()

So i'm guessing Scheduler claimed HDD was full as it was unable to connect to the Recorder service? Someone who knows more about Argus TV should take a look at the logs... I wasn't doing anything unusual, the single seat setup sleeps and wakes nicely, rarely have an issue and rarely have to reboot it, but looks like this time there was perhaps somehow two instances of the Recorder running? or the recorder had somehow hung keeping the socket blocked? don't see how else the socket used by the recorder would be blocked, but am open to suggestions. I certainly wasn't running any odd applications that might be trying to use that socket.

Anyway, logs attached, hopefully someone can fathom what went wrong.

I'm running latest official Argus - ARGUS TV 2.2.
Attachments
HDD_Full_Error.zip
(12.42 KiB) Downloaded 490 times

andrewNZ

Re: Argus showed HDD 100% full when it wasn't

Post by andrewNZ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:12 am

It won't be the same thing, but I used to see 100% full if my shares became unshared. It used to happen because my external disk would go offline occasionally.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

jeffski10

Post by jeffski10 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 pm

I see this happen after standby when the service can't start as it hasn't cleanly stopped on standby - then windows thinks the ports are still in use even though they are not (as per your logs below). Reboot is normally the only fix.

As the recorder service is stopped then you get odd disk usage readings.

Server: Windows 7, Argus recorder, Silicon Dust tuners
Clients: Openelec on a Pi and Gigabyte Brix

BlackBurn

Post by BlackBurn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Just curious @Cybersheep, did you find a way to solve this problem, I have experienced it twice now and don't have a clue where to look (yet).

It isn't a standbye problem for me, it is a virtualized server with no energy-savings setup.
If it is broke, fix it. If it ain't broke, make it better!

zganzuv

Post by zganzuv » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi,

someone solved this problem?

Thanks

tompa

Post by tompa » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:56 am

jeffski10 wrote:I see this happen after standby when the service can't start as it hasn't cleanly stopped on standby - then windows thinks the ports are still in use even though they are not (as per your logs below). Reboot is normally the only fix.

It also happens if no cards are detected.

/tompa

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:44 am

jeffski10 wrote:Reboot is normally the only fix.

Nope, you can use Lights-Out and ATV2LO that shuts the service down before sleep and restarts it properly on wake-up.
You can fix all the above problems with it, except driver issues with tv cards - but even this with a small trick plus automated conditional (worst-case) auto-reboot
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)