Twin tuner problem (can't watch 2 channels)

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
raki

Twin tuner problem (can't watch 2 channels)

Post by raki » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey guys,

my parents are using ArgusTV, latest release. They have a twin tuner installed, both cards are shown in the recorder console, but they can only watch one channel. If another client tries to tune any other channel, it fails. Even if the channel is on the same tranponder. Problem exists with both, FTA and encrypted channels.

So my two questions are:

1. Why can't they watch 2 seperate channels with 2 free tuners
2. Why can't they watch 2 seperate channels, on the same transponder with 1 free tuner

Personally, I have the same problem (#2). At the mooment, I only have one tuner, but I can't watch two seperate channels on the same transponder (like SAT1 and ProSieben).

The cards are set up with CAM-Limit = 1, cause 0 or 2 doesn't work.

If you need any further information, please ask.

Thanks!

andrewNZ

Re: Twin tuner problem (can't watch 2 channels)

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:30 pm

CAM limit 1 means only one channel per tuner, so that'll definitely cause that issue.
What doesn't work with a CAM limit of 0?

The issue with 2 tuners is probably that the services aren't mapped to the second tuner.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

raki

Post by raki » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Thanks for your reply!

If I remember correctly, I was told that HD+ / Sky only works with Cam Limit set to 1. And it's right, I just set cam limit to 0. FTA channels still work (and even 2 channels on the same tuner), but encrypted channels don't work.

raki

Post by raki » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Anybody an idea?

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:21 pm

I think you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Basically, if you you want want encrypted channels, you'll have to set up tuners to suit the requirements.

If you manage to get it to work with a hight CAM limit, you're going to have major issues when the ARGUS TV tries to record or tune an encrypted channel and something else.

The only real solution is more tuners.
You could set up some tuners as FTA only and some as encrypted only, which would overcome much of your issue.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.