.arg file always created

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
facted

.arg file always created

Post by facted » Thu May 15, 2014 1:49 am

I have unchecked "always create .arg metadata files" in the scheduler console, but I'm still getting .arg files created for my recordings, which I absolutely don't want (it interferes with my post-processing processes). Any way to prevent the creation of these files?

andrewNZ

Re: .arg file always created

Post by andrewNZ » Thu May 15, 2014 2:02 am

When the box is unchecked, ARGUS TV uses NTFS Alternate Data Streams to store the data in the .arg file. If your recordings are stored on another type of volume, like Fat32 or ZFS, the .arg file will always be automatically generated.

The checkbox is only used to force the creation of these files not prevent it.

I'm unsure if there is a way to disable it, nor am I sure of the consequences. There are many "hidden" settings in various .config files, you could peruse them.

May I ask how it screws up your post processing?
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

facted

Post by facted » Thu May 15, 2014 2:18 am

I'm using MCEBuddy to do my post-processing. Some of my shows have the correct show title but do not store the subtitle of the show (it's not included in the guide data it seems). MCEbuddy has a feature to check thetvdb via the broadcast date for the recording. However, if the .arg file is present, the metadata is thrown into mcebuddy with the incorrect subtitle and then thetvdb website can't match the file. All this basically causes the file to not have the correct season/episode number which is a problem for xbmc.

To make a long story short, i need to disable .arg files. haha.

facted

Post by facted » Thu May 15, 2014 2:48 am

One option would be to write a post-processing script to delete the arg file. How would I go about doing that?

facted

Post by facted » Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 am

Piece of cake with a simple batch:
c:
cd MyProject
del /S *.type

Where MyProject is the main folder and this does a recurrsive deletion of *.type files.