Error accessing web interface

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
agitate

Error accessing web interface

Post by agitate » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi,

I've just started getting this error when I try and access any page on the ArgusTV web interface. Here is the stack trace:

Code: Select all

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ArgusTV.ServiceProxy.RestProxyBase.CreateHttpClient() +37
   ArgusTV.ServiceProxy.Proxies.get_CoreService() +192
   ArgusTV.UI.WebAccess.Controllers.ControllerBase.OnActionExecuted(ActionExecutedContext filterContext) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +259
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +306
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +720
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +162
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +305
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +62
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +15
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +542
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288
I haven't changed anything on the system recently. I'm running 2.3 RC. It was okay a couple of days ago when I last used it. I've had a couple of windows updates install since then, but they were just a time zone update, and a DVD playback fix, so I can't see those having caused an issue (although it's possible as ever).

All the other services are running fine (scheduler and recorder), and I can even access the web services interface, using curl:

Code: Select all

curl http://192.168.1.207:49943/ArgusTV/Control/UpcomingRecordings/1
and it returns results without any errors. It just seems to be a problem accessing the web interface.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

agitate

Re: Error accessing web interface

Post by agitate » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Seems to have sorted itself out. I didn't change anything. I wonder if it could have been after the next EPG update. Maybe something odd in the file? Who knows.