argus services not auto starting with windows

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
bluc

argus services not auto starting with windows

Post by bluc » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:30 am

Hey all I have the three argus services set to "automatic(delayed)" but quite often the scheduler service does not auto start and I have to manually start the service. Any ideas how to fix?

Christoph21x

Re: argus services not auto starting with windows

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi bluc

The recorder need not be to set to delayed.
I guess you´re using recorder and scheduer from argus?
Which SQL version are you using?
Try first to setz the recorder to simply automatic.the other remain delayed for the first step...

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

bluc

Post by bluc » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:59 am

Christoph21x wrote:Hi bluc

The recorder need not be to set to delayed.
I guess you´re using recorder and scheduer from argus?
Which SQL version are you using?
Try first to setz the recorder to simply automatic.the other remain delayed for the first step...

Greetz - Chris
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes using all argustv no media portal or anything. Using mysql 2014
have messenger and scheduler on delayed, recorder on automatic and it still doesn't work usually recorder that doesn't start. I have tried them all on automatic and all on delayed no luck...

JMS

Post by JMS » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:22 am

Did you check the EventVwr System Log: when an Automatic(*) Service could not be started there should be at least some entry. Eventually this may give a hint - although most likely it will only report the 30 second startup penaltly :(

Jochen

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:08 am

I made a very bad experience with MySQL 2014 and later: the service didn´t start up in time (especially under Win 10) and loaded CPU and network activity especially with larger transactions enormously.
I reverted back to 5.6.10 (.19 is also good)
Transactions, which took nearly 20 minutes under mysql 2014 (restore of Argus database), took only 2-3 minutes under MySQL 5.6.10
Scheduler is vivid again now.
With that action I could bring back my two servers back to normality.

In addition, I reverted my serverS back to Win7 which also brought a good portion of speed back.

I guess, your SQL server comes up too late. Argus recorder doesn´t directly need it, but the recorder needs the scheduler. If the scheduler isn´t present, it may crash.
AND: the scheduler is for some time tolerant with an inactive SQL server, but if it exceeds a certain time (my ¨feeling¨ is about 2 minutes), it will cancel again (no crash)
My hint: try to work with mysql 5.6 on another machine first - use MySQL Workbench to export / restore Argus databases on that machine for a fast trial.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 pm

bluc wrote:
Yes using all argustv no media portal or anything. Using mysql 2014
[/quote]

Hi bluc,

Just to confirm - when you say MYSQL 2014 did you indeed mean a version of MYSQL that was release in 2014 or did you in fact mean MSSQL 2014?

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:59 pm

Even if it were MSSQL 2014 - the story would remain the same: best results in my earlier settings was with SQL Express, some performance issues with MSSQL 2008R2 and a non-predictable startup behaviour with MSSQL 2012... :D
elsmandino wrote:
bluc wrote:
Yes using all argustv no media portal or anything. Using mysql 2014
Hi bluc,

Just to confirm - when you say MYSQL 2014 did you indeed mean a version of MYSQL that was release in 2014 or did you in fact mean MSSQL 2014?

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi Chris,

I was wondering whether it was MSSQL2014 Exress was the culpriate for causing further problems

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6651&p=37612#p37612

but someone else has just posted to say that they are not having any issues.

So do you also think that MSSQL2014 is not the cause of any problems and should be used over MSSQL2012?

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Hey dear els - I just recognized that I didn't answer your question in here directly.
Did you find it (indirectly) in the other thread you mentioned?

By the way: congrats to state of yellow! I'm sorry, that it took so long.

Kind greetz - Chris

jonnblaze

Post by jonnblaze » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:38 pm

I confirm the problem with this card and even worse, then the problem occured the only way to have the card working again is to kill the proccess because Argus doesnt detect properly the card error and reinit it.
I finaly give up using this card month ago after missed a lot of recording.