[SOLVED]errors when managing recordings in scheduler

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
styrsven

[SOLVED]errors when managing recordings in scheduler

Post by styrsven » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:14 pm

In the scheduler, the upcoming recordings view, if I select a recording, right-clicks and select "add to previously recorded history", then the scheduler console mostly hangs for a while, and then shows a "one or several errors have occurred" box.
Sometimes it just works, but mostly this is what happens.
After the box I refresh the view and discovers that the actual work has been done, it is just the console that has this issue.

I run win10 Pro, Argus 2.3, MP1.12 TV-server and mysql 5.6

There is no trace of this in the logfiles.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
Last edited by styrsven on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

styrsven

Re: errors when managing recordings in scheduler

Post by styrsven » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:25 pm

After discovering that .net wasn't fully installed (some check-boxes wasn't checked) I filled the empty check-boxes, the missing parts were installed, and my problem seems to be solved.

thecode

Re: [SOLVED]errors when managing recordings in scheduler

Post by thecode » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:18 am

Hi,
Can you specify which components were missing? would help that other win10 users (and myself) can check.
Thanks,
TheCode.

styrsven

Post by styrsven » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:09 pm

I just followed these instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... 7a4?auth=1
and made sure I selected all the checkboxes in the .NET Framework 3.5 (and 4.6) subtrees.

simonsays

Post by simonsays » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Happens to my system too.

Tried the .net, did not fix it.

Looks like a 2 Minute time out. Happens for cancel and for adding to previously recorded (and for un-cancel and removing recordings from previously recorded).

At least, thanks to this thread, I know about the time out. I assumed the app crashed and killed it with the taskmanager before getting the unspecific error message after two minutes.

The way the cursor is behaving with the hourglass animation, there are two tasks. The first is short and I assume does the actual recalculating of the schedule (or waiting for the servcies and database to do that) and the second is for redrawing the updated schedule.

After the unspecifc error message, the schedule is not displayed correct. What should be now greyed out is not greyed out. Klicking upcoming recordings again redraws correctly.

The timeout does not alway occur and having the window in fullscreen or displaying skipped recordings has no effect.

Win 10 Home, upgraded from Win 7 64.
Argus 2.3 Client/Server on one machine.
MySQL 5.5.31

styrsven

Post by styrsven » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Yes, you are right, I spoke too soon,
It is irritating, but I guess I have to live with it.

styrsven

Post by styrsven » Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Update: This issue seems to only occur when "Show skipped recordings" is selected. That gives a usable workaround.

simonsays

Post by simonsays » Thu May 12, 2016 11:50 am

That option has no effect on the bug on my system.

From observation it seems to occur at redrawing a changed schedule. Maybe several things can trigger the bug or seemingly change the frequency, but I attribute that to chance and a placebo effect, when the bug does not occur for ten changes in a row.

Since this only happened after upgrading to Win10 it would be good to know, if this bug affects every Win10 System or only some configurations.

Anyone bugfree with Win10 out there?

Sjakko

Post by Sjakko » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi guys. Same issue here on Windows 10: Cancelling an Upcoming Program in the Scheduler Console sometimes makes it hang for a long time and eventually says: "One or more errors occurred."

- Windows 10 and ARGUS TV cleanly installed.
- Previously Windows 7 with no problems.
- Dotnet 3.5 & 4.6 installed.
- No errors in Event Viewer or ARGUS TV logs.
- No elevated CPU usage for any of the ARGUS TV processes.
- Although the UI hangs, it seems the action (so canceling or uncanceling the upcoming recording) is performed immediately. I learned that from the ARGUS TV Notifier by clicking refresh immediately after performing the action.

Any fixes yet?
dotnet.png
dotnet.png (15.47 KiB) Viewed 29892 times
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.

simonsays

Post by simonsays » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:24 pm

If you do a lot of manual cancelling, it is annoying. With the bug I usually cancel and then close the programm via the taskbar. Closing and starting again with switching to upcoming recordings takes about 5 secs. Waiting for a redraw without the bug takes about ... 5 secs. Meh.

An option in settings to change the default window in the scheduler would be nice. :D

The bug (at least a nonspecific error message) occured in another setting:

Scheduler is open.
Game running in foreground.
I think I heard a windows error ding.
After game, scheduler had three of these error messages open.

Happend more than once.