No Host Processes or Applications in UWS Explorer

Access your ARGUS TV system from your web browser
cray-

No Host Processes or Applications in UWS Explorer

Post by cray- » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:17 pm

I just upgraded from Argus 2.1 to 2.3 (hey, it was working fine until recently) on a Win7 machine. I honestly can't remember if I ticked yes to installing the Web Access when I installed 2.1 all those years ago (which was in turn, an upgrade from an old ForTheRecord install). I never tried using it anyway, not until I noticed it in the install guide for 2.3 and thought I'd try it out.

So I tried accessing http://localhost:42080 and got nothing, the UWS windows services seem to all be running, but no site being hosted on that port. I looked through a few posts here and someone mentioned running UWS Explorer. Seems that mine hasn't been configured to host anything, I can only see the "UltiDev Web Server App Redirector (Private)" on the left hand pane. I don't have an Argus.WebServer listing like this old screen shot I found in another thread: http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=ulidevnbeaz.png

I tried clicking the wizard to make/host, pointed it to the relevant directories on my system, and mostly left everything else default. But when I try to access I get a huge screenful of errors starting with:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS TV\Web Access\App_Data\Combiner' is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS TV\Web Access\App_Data\Combiner' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

.....<SNIP>
As far as I can tell, there is no App_Data sub dir in my C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS TV\Web Access dir. So I gave up and figured one of the defaults from the UWS wizard must have been wrong.

I tired reinstalling Argus 2.3 and selected "No" to full uninstall, didn't help. Not sure what else to try. Can anyone make a suggestion?