Episode number on Argus Scheduler EPG

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
rauldiz

Episode number on Argus Scheduler EPG

Post by rauldiz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Hello,

Kudos to all that were involved in creating and developing ArgusTV, it's a great application. I've only been using it for a few weeks but I'm loving it, so thanks for making it.

I have one small question related to the EPG in the Argus Scheduler that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. On my Argus EPG view, it quite often shows the episode numbers in brackets at the end of the sub-title/episode name. I don't want it to show this as it's already there in the "Season, Episode" format before the episode title. Please see the screenshot attached where I've circled what I'm trying to describe.

This isn't being pulled in by XMLTV file - for one of the program that is highlighted (Midsomer Murders), this is the information that was in the XML file (before being processed by ArgusTV):

Code: Select all

<programme start="20130729160000 +0100" stop="20130729170000 +0100" channel="UK_Digi_121">
    <title>Midsomer Murders</title>
    <sub-title>Season 7, Episode 2 - Bad Tidings</sub-title>
    <desc>Sergeant Dan Scott arrives to work with Barnaby and is thrown straight into a murder investigation in Midsomer Mallow. A noise heard near the scene of Fiona Thompson&apos;s bloodstained body leads police to suspect an odd-job man. But when the death toll rises, Barnaby becomes concerned for Cully, who is organising a 10-year school reunion.Date: 2004</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Pete Smith</director>
      <actor>John Nettles</actor>
      <actor>John Hopkins</actor>
      <actor>Jane Wymark</actor>
      <actor>Laura Howard</actor>
      <actor>Barry Jackson</actor>
      <actor>John Standing</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>2004</date>
    <category>Drama</category>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">6.1.</episode-num>
    <previously-shown/>
    <subtitles type="teletext"></subtitles>
    <star-rating>
      <value>3/5</value>
    </star-rating>
  </programme>

If I view the EPG in XBMC, it doesn't show this episode number in the bracket. Looking at the XML file post ArgusTV processing it, it's not in there either. This is really minor (and I'm probably missing something obvious), but it would be good to know if it's possible to get rid of it.

In case it has any bearing, I'm using XMLTV GUI (3.14.01) which is pulling its data from digiguide.tv.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
Arg_scheduler_EPG_episode_nu .png
Screenshot of Argus Scheduler with issue I'm describing
Arg_scheduler_EPG_episode_nu .png (77.19 KiB) Viewed 9475 times

rauldiz

Re: Episode number on Argus Scheduler EPG

Post by rauldiz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Anyone have any ideas? I've messed around with various settings and searched the forum/wiki and can't find anything similar to this.

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 pm

It's the <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">6.1.</episode-num> being parsed and stored.

The EPG in the Scheduler Console actually also visualizes the episode number (and I'm fairly sure Web Access as well), while some other client don't. So that's why you don't see it everywhere.
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

rauldiz

Post by rauldiz » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Is there a way to remove it (or stop it visualizing the episode number) in the Scheduler Console view? Apologies if I'm missing something in your post.

Thanks again.

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 pm

There's no setting right now, no. But one could argue your XMLTV source is a little bit too verbose of course, it basically contains double information :)
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch