Still shows recording in console even if not recording!?

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
iansmusical

Still shows recording in console even if not recording!?

Post by iansmusical » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi All,

Just recently my ARGUS TV server (XP Pro) version 2.2 has started recording programs as usual but when they end the schedule console -> recorded programs still shows them as recording with the red arrow, i.e not a green arrow to signal they are complete. On disk the programs appear complete and correct.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Are there any tell tail signs in the log files to look for or is the database corrupt?

Thanks a lot,

Ian

iansmusical

Re: Still shows recording in console even if not recording!?

Post by iansmusical » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello,

Update.

I have since restarted my ARGUS TV server and the issue I was seeing is now not occurring! :-) Some background: I keep my server under hibernation and when a recording finishes and no others are to complete, a shutdown script is called putting it back into hibernation. All I can think is that it has got itself in a mess somehow!?

Thanks,

Ian

Hominidae

Post by Hominidae » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 am

I found hibernation to be unreliable, as well with hybrid-mode.
My system is configured for suspend mode and works like a charm for months...never missed a recording.

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 am

iansmusical wrote:Hello,

Update.

I have since restarted my ARGUS TV server and the issue I was seeing is now not occurring! :-) Some background: I keep my server under hibernation and when a recording finishes and no others are to complete, a shutdown script is called putting it back into hibernation. All I can think is that it has got itself in a mess somehow!?

Thanks,

Ian
Look in the Argus wiki for lights out. This should do what you are looking for.
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

iansmusical

Post by iansmusical » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 am

Hello

@Hominidae: I've generally found hibernation to be ok but yes I get the odd blip every now and again. The reason I went for hibernation is that the server is fully off and thus not drawing power, where as with suspend mode, yes it's quicker but the server would always be drawing power. Just out of interest what have you configured for suspend mode to work?

@PaulAEvans: Lights Out looks a great solution but sadly there doesn't appear to be a version for XP :-( If I upgrade to Win 7 (quite a lot of work) then I'd use it.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

Ian