How to filter seasons in a schedule?

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
ChrisRichner

How to filter seasons in a schedule?

Post by ChrisRichner » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi

I'm trying to avoid recording episodes of old seasons I've already watched ages ago ;)

I'm using the GuideEnricher tool to pull down season and episode information into the epg.

How can I set a season filter inside the schedule dialog? I would like to be able to say

season greater 8

or

season in 8,9,10

like one could do by using SQL or Linq like query language...

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

ChrisRichner

Re: How to filter seasons in a schedule?

Post by ChrisRichner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Anyone?

Christoph21x

Re: How to filter seasons in a schedule?

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:38 pm

ChrisRichner wrote:Anyone?
Hey Chris, maybe there's a better way to do, but I do it as follows:
In a schedule, where I've seen maybe season 1 and season 2 I configure the scheduler field "episode number" to "Contains" and then enter:

Code: Select all

Season 3 OR Season 4 OR Season 5
As there is no way to enter SQL queries (I added this once to the suggestions of improvement), you also can't define "greater than". As the Episode field is limited to the OR operand, it's the only way to go. At least... that I figured out :)

So if I want to add the functuionality comparable to "greater than", I add all existing seasons combined with OR. In addition I add the next season number that is not (yet) exisiting in order to catch it, if a new season comes up.

I add to the schedule name "(Season 3+)" then I can easyly check from time to time (maybe half year), if they're still valid/up to date - I can easily pick those from the list of Recordings.

Maybe somebody more clever found a better way, for me, this works perfectly...
You can immediately see the result in the list of upcomings below in the schedule.
Just be aware that this makes schedules more complex and if you have hundreds of them, the response time will increase.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)